April has been full of many sunny days and beautiful weather.
We have been loved getting outside and enjoying the sun! It's so
nice to have it back and for the days to be getting longer. Nyles has
especially been enjoying taking walks, going to parks, playing in the dirt or a
sandbox. I love seeing the flowers and trees blooming. It reminds
me that there is sunshine after the rain and new beginnings for all of us.
Wednesday, April 2nd—I took my final for my
first CFP course. Though it was a 3 hour test I was able to pass it w/ a
98%. I have to pass each section w/ a 70%; one down, five more to go.
We start our second section tomorrow. I'm definitely learning a lot
and have really been enjoying the classes so far.
Nyles new shoes. He sure loves shoes these days.
I think because it usually means we're going outside for a walk or something.
Thursday,
April 3rd—Steve got done w/ class early and we watched the movie “Frozen”
together after Nyles went to bed. I
definitely enjoyed it a little more this time.
The first time we saw it in theaters w/ Nyles. He lasted about half way, and then got a
little rambunctious. Steve and I took
turns being w/ him (mostly Steve though), so this time we caught more and enjoyed
it a little more as well. It’s a cute
show.
Friday,
April 4th—Steve went over to the Thomas’ to play his game Munchkin w/ the
boys and Laura Minson and Melissa Thomas came over to visit w/ me. We chatted, played a game of dominoes, and
had some popcorn. We all moved into our
branch about the same time (4 ½ years ago) and have been friends since. Ironically we all got married the same year
also. The boys had a great time playing
their game and we had a good time visiting w/ each other.
Nyles playing outside at Dave/Joann's house.
He likes the dirt and sticks. Such a boy ;)
Satuday,
April 5th—we watched General Conference at home. Nyles was kind enough to take his naps
during all sessions of conference, on Sunday too. In between conference we went over to the Living
Planet Aqaurium. Ironically we saw Jared
and the girls there. We talked w/ them
for a while then parted our ways. Sounds
like the girls wanted to go see it for a while; I’m glad they were able to go.
Steve and Nyles at the Living Aquarium
Sunday,
April 6th—I made crepes for breakfast, then after the first session we took
lunch up to Dave/Joann. Joann had her
other shoulder operated on the week before so we’ve been trying to help out anyway
we can. Steve has been going over to
help her since Dave had to go back to work after a couple days. It was nice to see them and have lunch
together. We headed home when the
afternoon session started so we could put Nyles down for a nap.
Nyles being silly and getting some Cheetos. Joann in the back icing her shoulder. That is Steve's ice machine he got when he had his knee surgery 2 1/2 years ago. Joann was able to use it last time also, so I think it's been a good investment. Though I don't think we actually paid for it, our insurance did. ;)
Blackened Chicken w/ Avocodo dressing over rice
Nyles practicing on his egg hunting skills
Tuesday, April 8th--It was such a nice day Nyles and I took a walk to the playground after work.
He loves it there, especially since it's "his size"!
Nyles loves playing "driver" in the car, while parked of course.
Nyles playing w/ water at Dave/Joann's house
Friday,
April 11th—Carrie met Steve up at Gateway and let Lynsie and Nyles play in
the fountains. Then when I got off work
we played a little longer until they had to go.
It was fun and the weather was beautiful. I’m sure we’ll have to try it again as it
continues to get warmer.
Nyles and Lynsie going up the stair at Gateway
Just sitting on the ledge



Saturday,
April 12th—Steve drove up w/ Dave to the cabin to see what the snow levels
were at. Nyles and I played at home and
cleaned. It was funny; Nyles pulled out
the movie “Grumpy Old Men” and said “Grandpa!”
He then took the case and sat down on his little chair and kept saying “Grandpa”
over and over. So either the guy has a
resemblance to Dave/Grant or all old men are ‘grandpa.’
Still some snow up there
Nyles thought the door was a great place to color w/ his crayons
Playing in the sandbox
After Steve got back we decided to go on a hike up to Little Bell
Reservoir. It was a beautiful day and we
had a great time. Nyles really loved
being in the backpack; He didn't complain once. I think he loved the view! We’re excited to be able
to enjoy nature more this upcoming Summer.
We're on our way!
Look at the view!
We made it!
Family picture :)
Nyles is discovering his tongue. And yes he has a black eye.
He fell two days in a row and bonked it both times. Poor little guy. He's tough though, no complaints.
Nyles thinks all bodies of water have fish in them, so he kept saying "fish, fish."
Cute little Nyles getting some water.
He thought it was funny to bonk the water bottle against Steve's head.
That night Dave and Joann came over for pizza and a movie. Since Nyles already purchased the movie "Gravity" for us, we figured others should enjoy it as well to get our moneys worth. Joann wanted to have a change in scenery as well, so hopefully it helped.
Sunday,
April 13th—I taught the RS lesson at church.
I was supposed to teach lesson #5 but ironically I used last year’s
manual of Lorenzo Snow instead of this year’s manual which is Joseph Fielding
Smith. I taught the lesson about “The
Grand Destiny of the Faithful” which was about inherited all that God has. It’s best summarized with this statement “As
man now is, God once was: As God now is, man may be.” Through study and prayer I felt I was able to
teach the lesson well and in a way that the sister would understand and relate
to. I’m thankful for the Spirit in
directing my teaching, even though I was technically using the wrong
manual. The good news is I’ll definitely
know which manual to use going forward.
As I was finishing up my lesson it started snowing/hailing. It made for an interesting short drive home
and getting Nyles inside. I made him a grilled cheese sandwich then got him down for his nap.
Nyles likes to wear this backpack, even though it's the same size as he is
Just drinking some water w/ his backpack on
Looks like a turtle w/ it on ;)
After church we had our home teachers over, and then went out to
Rose’s for dinner w/ Pauline and her family as well. We visited a while then had an Easter Egg
hunt in her basement. It was fun and
Nyles especially had a good time playing w/ “new” toys.
Steve helping Nyles hunt for the eggs
Nyles and Sophia hunting
Charlotte finding an egg
Cousins: Charlotte, Sophia, Ava, Nyles, Ali and Summer
Nyles likes the jelly beans :)
Looking through the candy
Yesterday I cleaned out the porch so Nyles could go out and play. He's been loving have a "new" place to play. He thinks its so fun! He has to take his toys out there and try it out.
Today he showed me he can read the Ensign also all by himself ;)
He picked it out from our magazine stand and started turning the pages and making noise like he was reading it. It was so cute!
Nyles having a Popsicle after our walk

























No comments:
Post a Comment