So as usual I've been busy w/ work and Relief Society and Steve has been busy w/ school and HOA stuff. Since Steve has class 3 nights of the week we especially try to enjoy the time we do have together. Basic things like going to the grocery store or running errands are fun simply because we are together. Nyles is growing so much more every day it seems. He is such a joy to us!
Nyles just enjoying life and time w/ Grandma Joann
Cool dude!
On Saturday, June 15th Rose, Pauline and I went to the temple together and did an endowment session for relatives on the Hegerhorst side. Rose had been doing some research about the side and kept feeling like not all the work had been done for everyone. She kept looking and sure enough she found some people who's work had not been done. She has Summer do the baptisms and confirmations first, then she did the initiatories that morning in Bountiful then we met her in SLC to do the endownments.
Enjoying a quesedilla
Steve was gone in the morning but made it back just in time so I could leave and make it to the 3:45pm train. I put Nyles down for a nap then hurried over to catch the train in order to be on the same one Pauline was going to be on. I grabbed my temple bag and purse and didn't even think about getting my UTA train pass which I keep in my work bag, and sure enough a UTA Police Office stepped on to check our tickets. It didn't even occur to me that I'd forgotten it since I always have it with me, but since I had a different bag I was out of luck. There was another man on the other side who didn't have a ticket so the Police guy gave us both written warnings and said the next time we don't have our tickets we'll get a $180 fine. Seriously!!! I was a little bugged because I always have it and the one time I accidentally forget it they give me a "warning." He didn't care that it was in my other bag and that it's an annual pass, but oh well. I didn't want to let this ruin our experience at the temple. Pauline got on our train at the next stop and then we got off at 2100 S where Rose picked us up.
We then went to Cafe Rio off 400 S, yummm! After dinner we headed up to the SLC Temple and made it in time for the 6pm session. It was a full session w/ several people going through for their own endownments. They've redone the inside of some of the areas of the temple also which look really nice. It was a neat session, especially since we were able to do some work for ancestors.
Pauline, me, and Rose at SLC Temple
Sunday, June 16th was Father's Day. I didn't have any meetings so it was nice to sleep in a little and especially to spend more time w/ Steve and Nyles. I also made some rolls before church so we'd be ready to go when we got back to church. We then went over to Melanie's house for dinner w/ the entire family, which was nice.
Enjoying a sucker from Aunt Diane
Cute baby Nyles loving his cereal
Wednesday, June 19th I went with my RS Presidency to the temple. We wanted to go together, especially since we have a new 2nd counselor. We've had a lot of sisters move in and out the past couple months as well so we wanted to get some direction on how to reorganize the Relief Society. The session was actually in Spanish so we got to hear headsets, but it was still a neat experience. I'm glad we were able to go. The next night I had a home and visiting teaching meeting to make changes to some of the move in/outs.
Steve came to pick me up from work....Nyles passed out on the way up to get me ;)
Friday, June 21st Steve went up w/ Dave to the cabin in order to be there in the morning for the HOA meeting. They even had time in the morning to go fishing. Zach Hannay actually was camping around there w/ another friend the night before and ran out of gas in his mom's Jeep. He was fortunate that Steve and Dave came and gave him some gas. He also then went fishing w/ them that morning. The HOA meeting was really LONG though so they didn't end up getting back til later that evening.
Steve enjoying the fishing
Steve looking really excited at the board meeting ;)
Nyles loves balloons. He even loves to grab them w/ his fingernails.
Sunday, June 23rd I had PEC in the morning, then after church our home teachers came over. I then hurried over to the Stake Center for a Worldwide Training. They focused on missionary work and working together w/ the wards/branches in order to accomplish it. After I got back I got a bite to eat then we played games w/ the Jenkins who we visit teach.
On Tuesday, June 25th my mom came down to visit. She was going to be watching Rose's girls while she went to girl's camp but ended up only needing to watch them Thursday, not Wednesday also. We visited a little that night then went to bed. For some reason though Nyles kept waking up every so often as if it was morning so we didn't get much sleep. I then decided to take the morning to be w/ my mom and let Steve sleep some. I made some chocolate muffins for us for breakfast. I then got ready for work and headed out. My mom then left and went to visit her sisters for Sister's Day. That night Steve went to the temple by himself to support our Branch Temple Night. I decided not to go since I'd been twice already and since Nyles was acting funny still. He ended up waking up off and on that night as well. He wasn't acting like he was in pain or anything, but rather that he wanted to play. It was interesting.
Silly Nyles......where did the dinosaur go?
Friday the 28th we went swimming after work for a while. Nyles is loving being in the pool more and more. After Nyles went to bed Steve and I were able to relax and watch a movie together. We had to lower Nyles' crib that night though because he learned how to pull himself up that day and in his crib also. We didn't want to chance him falling out so we figured we'd better do it now.
He's learned how to pull himself up now.....
On Saturday the 29th got free tickets to go see the new showing of "Despicable Me 2." Rose had sent me a link to get the tickets so I got 4 of them (the max they'd let you have). Rose didn't have the girls that weekend but we got our mom to come watch w/ us. Since we had an extra ticket we also invited Steve's friend Rob to come w/ us. Steve and Rob went over to the theater to get our seats while got Nyles ready. My friend Ashley Dunkelberger also stopped by for a few minutes w/ her husband and baby boy. They had moved out of the ward right before Nyles was born last August and were down looking for a house to buy. It was neat seeing them.
Nyles and I made it over to the theater just in time. The show was AWESOME!!! If you haven't seen it you really need to go see it. Ours was in 3-D actually so that was fun. Nyles did pretty good for most of it. He even slept for a while in my arms during the movie. After the movie we went and got Cafe Rio and brought it back to our place and put Nyles down for a nap. Rose and my mom stayed for a little while then headed out so Rose could show mom where to take some quilts for the Children's Hospital downtown. My mom then went home after that.
Nyles w/ his cool 3-D classes from the movie
Steve and I then went out to find a new microwave since ours died earlier that week. We finally found one at Lowe's and brought it home. We almost got it installed but Steve needed another set of dry wall anchors so it wasn't officially in until Monday. It's crazy how dependent we get on heating up our food instantly. It's nice to have it back in business again. ;)



















No comments:
Post a Comment