Update....
Tuesday, June 4th--Was a great day! I only had to work an hour basically but got paid the whole day. The site decided to let everyone from each team who finished in the top go watch a Bee's Game. So since I was #1 on my team I got to go. It was Tuesday so I had an hour of outbound in the morning, then our team meeting, then then had us go downstairs for a quick reception and to get our tickets. I then had Steve pick me up at Gateway so we could head out. We had planned to go to the game but Nyles was getting tired at this point, so we decided to head home. We then put him down for a nap and got some lunch. After lunch we went swimming for a little bit, then went and hiked Little Bell Reservoir. I had ordered a new backpack that we can carry Nyles in, but of course it didn't show up until we got back from the hike, oh well. We're excited to use it this Summer.
Tuesday, June 4th--Was a great day! I only had to work an hour basically but got paid the whole day. The site decided to let everyone from each team who finished in the top go watch a Bee's Game. So since I was #1 on my team I got to go. It was Tuesday so I had an hour of outbound in the morning, then our team meeting, then then had us go downstairs for a quick reception and to get our tickets. I then had Steve pick me up at Gateway so we could head out. We had planned to go to the game but Nyles was getting tired at this point, so we decided to head home. We then put him down for a nap and got some lunch. After lunch we went swimming for a little bit, then went and hiked Little Bell Reservoir. I had ordered a new backpack that we can carry Nyles in, but of course it didn't show up until we got back from the hike, oh well. We're excited to use it this Summer.
Nyles actually like the pool this time. The water was warmer thankfully ;)
Trying to let him get used to his new life jacket also.
Little Bell Reservoir
Steve fishing a little bit but of course people came and he couldn't.
This is where our package was when we got home.....Nyles is going to love it!
Much easier on our backs and better positioning for Nyles
It was a FUN day just spending it w/ Nyles and Steve. We need more of those days :)
Friday, June7th-- we decided to go up to the cabin w/ Steve's parents and Stacie/Phill. We decided not to head out until after I got home from work. I was then able to feed Nyles and we were also able to eat before we left. We got up there about 8pm or so. Nyles went to bed just fine until about 1am then didn't want to be in the pack-n-play anymore, so we put him in the carseat. Needless to say it was a LONG night. He kept waking up for some reason. We're not sure if he was scared or something. Steve got up early and went fishing w/ his dad and Zach. They were catching quite a few. Phill, London, Stacie and Conor went out in the morning for a ride and to fish.
Dave w/ his big fish!
Nyles and Conor sharing toys ;)
Nyles w/ his silly face just crawling all over at the cabin
They came in for lunch then we went back out again w/ Nyles (he was napping during the morning mostly...imagine that since he didn't sleep very well). Since we had him try on the life jacket before he didn't seem to mind it too much. He only got a little fussy at the end when he was tired and hungry again. Joann, Nyles and I went back in to get dinner ready while the guys stayed out a little longer. Dave's brother Mike heard they were catching fish so he ended up coming and fishing w/ them for another hour or so.
Steve and Zach filling the boat back up w/ gas....nice matching hats :)
Nyles and Mommy on the boat
Nyles and Daddy going for a ride
Dave drove for a minute, then I took over w/ Nyles helping me :)
Nyles enjoying the ride
Dave, Zach and Joann
While I was waiting I got Nyles ready for bed and put him down. When they came in we had tin foil dinners. We watched the newest Batman movie for a while, then I got tired and went to bed. Steve and Phill ended up being the only ones watching it. About 11:30pm Nyles started to cry like he did the night before. I put him in his carseat but it didn't seem to really help. Steve came in and we decided that we'd rather just go home so he could sleep. So, we hurried and packed up and left. One the way home Nyles finally fell asleep of course and we put him right down, which was about 2am.
We were all pretty tired the next morning, so when we went back down we didn't wake him up. We missed sacrament meeting but made it in time for Sunday School. We normally go to Gospel Principles class but when we opened the door they were praying. We waiting a minute and then a lady w/ a baby came out, who we didn't recognize, and said that setting aparts were happening in that room and the Gospel Principles class had been moved. We couldn't find it so ended up going into Gospel Doctrine. When it was over Cara, my secretary came up to me and told me they had released President Spencer and called a new Branch President, President Pantuso. I had no idea about the change. President Spencer I guess took a job in California and will be moving in the next couple weeks. President Pantuso's wife was actually the Stake RS President when I was first put in as our Branch RS President, so I know her a little bit. Well, though it wasn't fun not getting sleep or traveling in the middle of the night, we're glad we made it back to our branch so we could say goodbye to President Spencer. He's been in for about 8 months, so this will be our 3rd Branch President since we've lived here.
After church we took a nap then went up to Silver Lake to escape the heat down in the valley and enjoy some time together. The weather was beautiful up there and Nyles really enjoyed the walk/stroll.
Strolling around Silver Lake
Nyles loves to put his feet up on everything
Family Picture :)



No comments:
Post a Comment