Wow, it's been a while since I posted so I'd better get caught up (sorry this is going to be a little long, but w/ lots of pictures). Though I am now done with school, it seems there are plenty of things keeping me busy. I got done just in time to get ready for our trip to Hawaii (which I'll post separately). Steve finished his Spring semester the day before we left as well so it worked out perfectly. I also finished my campaign at work. I'm so glad it's over, it was a LONG 10 week campaign. The Lord blessed me in my efforts though and I actually ended up #1 overall in the whole company for my department. :)
Steve was also kind enough to paint our 2nd bedroom in between his finals. We hadn't painted it when we first moved in since we used it more as a storage area while we organized everything else. Here are some pics of the before and after. More to come once we get the nursery set up officially.
Green accent wall
Steve working hard
Zach even joined
Mostly done
The weekend before we left for Hawaii we decided to head up to the cabin w/ Dave, Joann, Stacie, London and Rob. It was nice to have a change of scenery and the boys were happy to get some fishing in.
Stacie and London at reservoir (throwing rocks in)
Dave, Steve and Rob fixing the toilet, the tank broke
New bigger toilet, which the boys appreciate
Strawberry Reservoir
Steve working his magic on the fish
Dave got a little cold out there
Come on fishy ;)
The Saturday we got back, at 10am mst, we were a little tired as you can imagine. We took a little nap, but decided we'd better get up so we could get to bed on normal time. Steve had a great idea for us to go up Big Cottonwood and go fly fishing in order to stay awake. I promised him I'd go before we left to Hawaii, so I figured why not. Steve even got me some waders to wear. They fit well but were a little snug in the belly as you can imagine. Steve was just "dying" to go fishing since it has been a whole week since he'd gone last. He caught 2 right away, one Brown and one Brook Trout.
Working it
The Brown Trout
Working another spot
Now the Brook Trout, so pretty (can you see how happy he is?)
We were only there about 1/2 hr because it was getting late, but also because I was a little nervous since there was a Moose close by.
We then stopped
by and visited Dave and Joann and tell them all about our trip. We also gave them some yummy macadamia nuts and a cute Hawaiian turtle magnet. We also got Dave his favorite Hawaiian t-shirts, a little early for Father's Day/Birthday ;)
Since the next
day was Mother's Day we also let Joann open her card and showed her this
picture from our trip, which will be our little boys name, Nyles Willam McGrath. They were very anxious to find out. Steve wrote this w/ sticks in the sand on the beach, I'm sure he'll appreciate it later knowing we were thinking of him on our trip ;)
After we got back we were able to enjoy Mother's Day at home, for once since we always seem to be on our trips then. Steve even had flowers ordered for me and on the kitchen table (thanks for delivering them Dave). I really appreciated his efforts and being able to actually celebrate Mother's Day, a little more real this year for me ;) We also went over to LuDean's for dinner w/ Steve's family; it was good to see everyone as well.
Pretty flowers for Mother's Day
The following Monday it was back to work and school for us. Steve is now in Summer school through August and of course I'm trying to save up my last vacation days until the baby comes at the end of August. Thankfully we have a couple Holidays in between there so that'll be nice. Steve is taking a full load this Summer and Fall in order to get done by December. He's working on his internship this Summer as well. We're also getting his application for graduation in this week so he'll be ready to go. I found a cap and gown that I can borrow from the University so I just had to order my Master's hood, which was nice. The graduation ceremony is just over a month away!
Picture from last week at 24 weeks
On Tuesday the 15th we had RS Meeting where we put together receiving blankets for Primary Children's hospital. We had sisters donate 1 yard of flannel and put 2 together to make a blanket. We then sewed right sides together, turned them right side out, and then put a decorative stitch around the edges. We completed over 21 blankets; I'm sure they'll appreciate them. ;)
We went up to the cabin over Friday night to Saturday this past weekend as well. Thankfully the weather was a little more enjoyable (sunny and warm that is), so the fishing was even better! I slept in a little while they went out at first, then joined them at lunch. They couldn't get to their lines quick enough the fish were biting so often. It slowed down some in the afternoon but they still caught a LOT. They kept 12 of the many they caught.
Good work boys!
Joann and Steve
Dave trying to multi-task....the fish were coming so quickly he couldn't finish his lunch
Success!
The view of the cabin from the boat
It got a little cold for Joann going against the wind
Another one!
Bringing the boat in w/ a little Hawaii still in him
Dave, Rob and Steve cleaning the fish
This morning I had branch council at 7:30am and guess who was there?...........Borut Lakner from my mission. He is from Celje, Slovenia. He was baptized before I was assigned there but we taught his mom Darkina often. She is a great lady and has 2 wonderful sons. We taught the older son Mitja a couple time also when he was home. When Steve and I went back to visit in August of 2009 we visited the 3 of them. Mitja was actually baptized the year before we came and just received the Priesthood right before we got there. He blessed the sacrament for the first time the Sunday we were there.......so awesome! Here is a pictures of them.
Me, Darinka, Borut and Mitja in Slovenia
Borut has been out just over a year now and has finally been assigned to our Stake. Sounds like they're just over our Stake and the YSA Ward so I'm hoping we'll get to see him pretty often. President Thorup sent and email last night saying we got new elders and I just new it'd be him. As I walked into branch council there he was! I started talking to him in Slovene and learned that his mom Darinka was actually baptized 2 months ago! Talk about a miracle! She is incredible! I sent her a message on Facebook letting her know that Borut is serving in my area now and that we'll be having him over for dinner next week. I'll take a picture then and send it to her. It was SOOO great to see him! I'm sure he's been doing an amazing job and will do great here. We need to make sure he stays busy that's for sure ;)
Here is a picture from our missionary reunion/get together we had just before he entered the MTC last April.
Well, I'll get our trip to Hawaii updated as soon as I can. Things are going well. We're trying to get things ready for Nyles. He's been SOOO active these past few weeks, Steve has even got to feel him a couple times. Lots to do before he comes but we're getting more and more anxious to meet him. Have a great week, love ya lots! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment