Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One more New Year's Resolution


This is only for family btw............no one else is to know, thanks ;)

So last time I wrote about our New Year's Resolutions.............well I need to add one more
  • To start a family!
This past weekend my parents were coming down so we thought it would be a great opportunity to get our parents together to share the exciting news. So we called our parents and told one that the other one wanted to get together to catch up. Luckily both sets of parents bought it and we set a time to go out to dinner. Friday night we went and got a cake and had them write on it something simple that would tell our message.

On Saturday, Steve went with his dad to go fishing while I slept in a little and then worked on homework. About 1 pm as it was raining, all of a sudden the power went out. We were going to meet w/ my mission companion Sister Britney McPherron Graham but due to the power outage we had to postpone it. As soon as Steve got home we decided to head up to his parents so I could finish my homework w/ the Internet. A couple hours later I got all my homework done, we were both showered, and of course the power hasn't come back on. We hurried home to meet my parents and get changed quickly (in the dark).

We then headed out to dinner and met Steve's parents there. We decided to eat at Sizzler so my dad could get a steak and we could all get salad or whatnot if we wanted. Steve got the cake out of the fridge and told my dad that it was for my birthday, not showing him the lettering of course. As we were getting out of the car I pretended like I didn't know what was going on and went inside while Steve got the cake and took it inside. While I pretended to not see him, he went and gave it to the waiter and came back as his parents showed up.

We then ordered, got seated and got our salads. As we finished up our meal my dad looked at Steve and winked saying, "I wonder what's for dessert." Steve then excused himself like he had to use the restroom and told the waiter he could bring the cake out. As the cake came out the waiter said, "Happy Birthday." Everyone kinda looked at each other like who's birthday is it? and Dave said he was thinking, "They've got the wrong table." I said, no we actually have a surprise for you and Joann actually looked at the cake and read it and started to tear up. Joann finally had to tell the others to read the cake. After reading what the cake said, it finally clicked. I think my dad said, "I thought you'd never have kids." And Joann was like "You're gonna make me cry." We then cut up the cake and my dad got us all ice cream to go w/ it.

Steve and I w/ our surprise cake

After dessert we decided to go back to Dave and Joann's to play games. Since it was snowing crazy by now AND our power still wasn't on, we decided we'd actually all stay the night at their place also. We went home to grab our bags and PJ's, switched to the Jeep for 4 wheel drive, and made our way up the slipper road. We then talked for a while, then played "Phase 10 w/ a Twist" then went to bed. It was a GREAT night!

The next morning I wasn't feeling well (as I haven't been for the past 4 weeks), so I just stayed in bed for a while as everyone else got up and had breakfast together. Steve then ran home and got me one of my nausea pills to take so it could start working. About 30 minutes later we left back to our place. The power had luckily been turned back on at about 1am. A power-line actually caught on fire and blew up, so they were working on replacing the whole power-line during the crazy snow storm.

Steve and I hurried and changed for church while my parents stayed at our place for a little while before going to my cousin's homecoming. After church I had a home and visiting teaching meeting for a couple hours. Steve couldn't stand it anymore so we went out a quick email w/ pics of the cake to our siblings and grandparents so they would know also. After a quick nap, we then headed out to Rose's place to celebrate Charlotte's birthday. We had dinner and just chatted and played "Apple's to Apple's" together. It was a lot of fun getting together.


Charlotte's turning 4

Let me also just sum of some things about my pregnancy:
  • We found out we were prego on December 23rd and tested again on Christmas, both very positive. It was a great Christmas present to each other ;)
  • I'm due about August 31, 2012, which makes me 8 1/2 weeks right now (it was a little earlier than we had planned to announce it but it worked out perfect so we could tell both parents at the same time).
  • My first DR appointment is next Thursday at 10 weeks
  • I have had morning sickness since week 4, and it comes back at night as well. Thankfully we got the nausea pills at week 5 which has been helping tremendously. With the sickness and the 1/2 hour train ride in the morning, it was just too much for me. This way I have at least been able to go to work.
  • Like a lot of women, so I hear, I can't stand eating certain things. More so I get nauseated at the sight or smell of certain foods. The curve ball is that it changes just about every day. So, unfortunately we've been eating out a lot this month since I don't like smells in the house and I can't decide what I want to eat until last minute. Steve has been very understanding and patient with me though. He's the best!
  • Steve is pretty sure we're going to have a boy. I used to think we were going to have a girl first, but I thinking more boy now.
  • We're 6 weeks behind Stacie so we're pretty excited about that!
  • We're pretty excited and nervous at the same time, but more so excited to add to our family!
Hopefully this helps to answer questions. We'll keep you posted as we go. Thank you everyone for your love and support; we really appreciate it!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment