Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!!!!!


2012 is officially here! It's actually snowing today. We haven't really had much snow all winter so it's definitely welcomed. We're so excited for this new year and all that awaits us! It's been a great 2 weeks thus far and we can't wait for the rest to come. Here are a couple of our goals that we're working towards for 2012:
  • Steve to finish his Bachelors
  • Steve to also start taking prereqs to get prepared for PA school
  • Me to finish my MBA
  • Me to get a promotion at work
  • Go on a family trip, most likely Hawaii
  • Continue to serve faithfully in our callings
  • Continue to save and add to our emergency funds
  • To enjoy more time with family
Besides what we're looking forward to, looks like I need to recap what we've been up to the past couple weeks. After Steve had his knee surgery on the 22nd, we tried to take it pretty easy of course. Unfortunately I caught on a cold on the 23rd, so the next couple days we played it low key since both of us were down a little. Regardless of the fact that we weren't feeling well, I guess we at least got to spend some time together so that was good.

On Christmas morning, Sunday, we opened our gifts, then went to sacrament meeting. Steve couldn't bend his knee at all still at this point, so he just wore his shorts to church, but did manage to put a white shirt and tie on. It was a good sacrament meeting, then we went home. I then made some rolls and we went over to Dave/Joann's for dinner with everyone. It was really nice to spend time with family. I also was able to talk to several of my brothers and sisters which was great. We got a wheat grinder and wheat from my parents which we were so excited to get. I'm loving making the wheat oat bread so I can't wait to use fresh wheat flour.

The next day, on the 26th, I had work off. We took it easy then went to a movie w/ Dave, Joann, and Diane since we got movie tickets and mugs from Christmas we just had to use them ;) . We watched "We bought a Zoo." It was a cute true story; my mom would like it! We got the handicap seats so Steve could keep is leg stretched out. He later got a handicap pass so we can park a little closer at stores and whatnot.

The next day I went back to work. Steve had school off until the 9th so he was able to take it easy. Work wasn't too busy so that was good.

For New Year's Eve we went over to LuDean's house w/ Steve's family to celebrate. We had dinner and played games and of course did the countdown to the New Year. Right before going over I also decided to get my hair cut. I cut of at least 5 inches then got some highlights as well. Here are some pics:

Steve celebrating the New Year

Happy New Year 2012!

Silly Steve

Outside looking at some fireworks

On Monday the 2nd I had work off in observance of the new year, which also just happened to be our anniversary! Though it wasn't something we wanted to do we decided to take the morning to get some things done. We first we went to the dentist in the morning in order to "get it over with for the year." We then came home and took down our Christmas and decorations. We then cleaned up a bit and did laundry to get caught up. I also de-cluttered some of the things in our 2nd bedroom and threw away lots of boxes we had accumulated over the last couple months. I also cleaned out the car on the in and outside, and vacuumed it out. We got a car emergency kit for Christmas so I put that in the car as well. After getting showered and cleaned up, we went out to celebrate. We went over to the Olive Garden for a late lunch, then over to the theater to watch "Sherlock Holmes." It was a fun movie, though a little loud. On the way home we picked up some cheesecake which we celebrated with some sparkling cider.


Steve and I on our 3rd anniversary

Happy Anniversary!!! (my new hair cut also)


After all the celebrating it's back to school for me. I'm taking an online class for an elective. After this class I only have 1 MORE CLASS! I'm getting really excited to be done! Not having homework will be a great relief! Steve on the other hand has several years before he's done, but he's getting closer thank goodness. He'll finish his bachelors this year then 2-3 years for his PA degree. One step at a time.... :) He did get his EMT certification in the mail also so he's officially an EMT in the state of UTAH. Yeah congrats honey!

On Friday January 6th we put on a baby shower for Kim at Joann's house. I think it went really well. We played some games, that I was in charge of, then had some pie and ice cream and had her open her gifts. It was for family mainly so we had a good turn out. Kim ended up having the baby girl, Alexa, the next Friday the 13th. They're both doing well.

On Tuesday the 10th Steve picked up a young man from his mission (Merritt, Canada) who was on his way to the MTC the next day. Steve drove him to pick up a few last minutes items and stayed the night at our place. We just played a couple rounds of "ticket to ride." It was interesting having a missionary with us, no tv or radio and whatnot. We got him to bed by 10:30pm but we had some things to get done before we could go to bed. Never fail though we were up before 6:30am. It was nice for both of us to give him some advice on how to have a successful mission and also reminisce about the "good times" we had on our missions. Steve and I can't wait to serve full time missions again as a senior couple. It's something we both want to do and strive for once we're closer to retirement age. ;)

The battery in the Jeep died again, but luckily it was still under warranty so they replaced it for free. Thank goodness it was during the time the Steve couldn't drive so I took the car while the Jeep just sat there until we could get it fixed. On the 11th we went to Olive Garden again, this time to celebrate one of our friend's birthdays. It was a nice gathering with some of the friends from the branch.

The next day we went to the wedding of Ryan and Camille Millward. Ryan was the one who was baptized last November and then went through the temple this year, the day after Thanksgiving. Steve was the branch mission leader at the time he was baptized and I was a branch missionary, but then got called to be the RS President the same week he was baptized. So, we were both involved with teaching him the lessons which was incredible and really neat to see the change over the past year. His endownment session was really neat, and the sealing was the icing on the cake. Sealings are so amazing; the Spirit is so strong! They were sealed in the SLC temple. Afterwards we went outside for a couple pictures, then Steve and I stayed downtown until the luncheon. We then went to the Joseph Smith Building for their luncheon. It was really neat. The food was yummy and the company was great. Our branch president, President Thorup and his wife were there, along with the stake president, President Moss and his wife. We got to know them all a little better. They're all so amazing and desire to serve the Lord. When the luncheon was over we went home, took a quick nap, then went to the reception. They look so happy. We're excited to have Camille in the branch also!

Friday after work Steve picked me up. We then went to Stacie and Phill's house and went with them to a travel expo in Layton. We're wanting to go to Hawaii so we thought this would be a great opportunity. Unfortunately it wasn't much help, but we did get to spend some time with Stacie, Phill and London so that was good. We're still working on the details of when we're going.

We've had some new sisters move in the branch so we've been trying to visit them and get calling for everyone. I think we're finally making progress. We also had branch conference yesterday the 15th; I think it went really well. We had the new stake RS presidency teach the lesson on "cleaving to our covenants" and President Moss talked about God's love for us and his children in sacrament meeting. We also had a munch and mingle afterwards so the stake members stayed for that as well. After church we went home and I made my mom's cornbread recipe and we went over to LuDean's for dinner w/ the family. We also went over what we'd like to do for the next year for our family get togethers. They should be fun!

We'll we hope all is well with everyone. Keep us posted. I'm also in charge of my high school 10 year reunion so I'm working on that. My family is also in charge of the Hegerhorst reunion so we're looking forward to that as well. 2012 is going to be a great year!! Love you all ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment