Monday, November 14, 2011

November Times

These last two weeks have been somewhat busy but not bad. It's nice having some time off school in order to get other things done.

The last 2 weeks I've had 2 different Relief Society trainings. The first was on the 3rd, a Regional RS training, and the second one was on the 10th, a stake RS training. They were both really good. They really focused on sticking to the basics. We need to throw out all the old manuals and traditions and stick to the new manuals. They also focused on the 3 goals of Relief Society 1-increase faith, 2-strengthen home and families, 3-provide relief. By sticking to the goals of Relief Society we are better helping the sisters in all aspect of their lives. We need to increase spirituality amongst the sisters so they are better able to cope with what comes their way. Satan is real and is very good at what he does. They mentioned how many families are broken apart from addictions; how true that is. We all need to continue to work on our spirituality in order to receive personal revelation for ourselves.

Friday the 4th after work Steve picked me up and we went out to watch Rose's girls so she could go to the temple. It was blowing really hard as we drove to Rose's place but we made it there ok. After we got there Rose left and headed to the temple. Somehow after she left the house and got to the temple her temple recommend disappeared, but luckily they still let her in. Summer went to a birthday party most of the night so we just had Ava, Ali and Sophia. We put Sophia to bed shortly after then played some games w/ Ava and Ali. Rose went out to dinner with a friend afterwards, so didn't come home until 11pm. It was snowing really hard as we were leaving but thankfully Steve has good eyesight and is used to driving in the crazy snow and we made it home safely, though it took a little longer. We would have stayed the night but Steve had to get back for a CPR class the next morning at the U.

Saturday Steve went to his CPR training to get re-certified while I stayed home, slept in a while, then cleaned the house. That night we invited Zach and Rob over and grilled hot dogs for dinner, then went to the dollar store and got some candy. We then played "Ticket to Ride" together; it was a lot of fun.

Sunday I had a lot of meetings, then I made bread bowls and we went over to LuDeans for dinner. Joann made two soups, potato and a broccoli; they were good and worked perfect in the bread bowls. We then played "Phase Ten Twist." It was also a lot of fun also.

Steve has been trying to get everything done for school as it's getting closer and closer to finals. We finally got him registered for his Spring 2012 classes as well. The U put a hold on his account until we went in another transcript (lame I know). Luckily I happened to see it on his record and we requested another one. Thankfully we were then able to get him into all his classes and he's got a pretty sweet schedule if you ask me. ;)

We're finishing a campaign at work and so far so good. I also received an "Excellence in Action" award at work for Q3 on my team. This is the 2nd one I've received. I was really surprised when then they delivered balloons w/ candy and the award. I also got a little extra in my paycheck, which was excellent as well. It made my day!

We've had a lot of visits to RS sisters lately, which has been good. Another sister had a baby 2 weeks ago. We're going to have a new baby in the branch every month from now until May now. Fun, Fun!!!

Friday the 11th was Veterans Day. It was 11/11/11. After I got home from work we decided to go home from work we decided to go out to eat. We invited Zach to come with us. It was fun. We then came back, Zach and Steve played XBox while I worked on RS stuff, then we went to the hot tub. Oh we like the hot tub ;)

A salute to all the Veterans out there, at Red Robin......yummm ;)


Saturday morning Steve got up early to go pheasant hunting w/ the boys. They went up to Benson, UT (by Logan) on a private ranch and each had opportunities to shoot the birds. Steve came home with 2 birds. I was able to sleep in again (yeah), and then cleaned up. After he got home Eve and Darrell Flake came up to hang out. We decided to celebrate since we've both been working for 4 yrs at Fidelity (we were hired 11/12/07). That was the first day we met each other and have been great friends ever since. We've gone through a lot together and have both gotten married in the mean time. I'm excited for what the future holds for us. Eve is such a great friend. So down to earth and I can depend on her for anything. She's like another sister to me. Thank for everything Evie; love ya lots! :)

We made pizza together. I put some wheat flour in the dough again and it turned out really well I think. I also made some breadsticks w/ some of the dough, all of which on the pizza stone's which make them sooo yummy! Afterwards Eve and I went and picked up a Redbox and got some candy at the dollar store. We then hurried home and watched the movie w/ Steve and Darrell. It was a lot of fun. They had to leave after the movie though, so Eve could finish up her young women's lesson. Next time we'll have to head down to Provo to their house for games or whatnot.

The mighty hunters.....Dave, Rob, Brandon, Phil, and Steve after pheasant hunting (Jeff not pictured since he left to go take pics at the U football game). Ryan wasn't' able to make it due to work, so Rob gladly filled in for him. :)

We cooked up the meat last night after church. Steve put them on the grill w/ BBQ sauce. They were better than I thought. I made potatoes and gravy, stuffing and cheese breadsticks to go w/ it. We're prepping for Thanksgiving next week :)

The grilled pheasants.

We also had our home teachers over yesterday afternoon (our first actual home teachers since moving in 2 years ago). We also went home teaching tonight. I can't believe how quickly this month is going. We'll almost to Thanksgiving already, then Steve's birthday on the 29th, then our Christmas Party on the 9th, then Christmas, then New Years, then our 3rd anniversary!!!! Ok, I'd better stop...........let's not forget to enjoy the moments and take one day at a time. Have a great week! We love you all so much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment