I've been busy enough w/ Relief Society things. On the 15th I met w/ the Elder's Quorum President, one of his counselors and my VT Coordinator to go over the December HT/VT assignments. Surprisingly we didn't have too many move in our outs so it went pretty quickly. We then had President Thorup ok our changes and we were out in record time per say:) We've also been working on getting the Branch Christmas Party stuff together. We bought the food we're going to have branch members make and even had a RS Meeting on how to make rolls, so there's no excuse not to know how to make them for the dinner ;) Sister Thorup taught us how to make these really yummy rolls using potato pearls/flakes. You can use the dough to make cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, Parmesan garlic or regular rolls. I've made them twice already, and let me tell you....they're YUMMY! I'll have to send the recipe out soon.
On Friday the 18th we had a fun date night. After work we went over to Cafe Rio for dinner and ironically Steve and I both had the punch cards so together we got a FREE MEAL!!!! So we only paid for one, then went to Redbox and got a free movie rental, Thor. We then went up to Dave/Joann's and watched the movie w/ them. Dave also made popcorn in his fun theater popcorn maker. It was a very fun evening!
On Sunday the 20th I had several meetings, as usual on 3rd Sundays. We had branch council in the morning, then a quick meeting w/ my presidency, church, the munch and mingle, then tithing settlement. We then went over to LuDean's for dinner. It was our annual "honoree dinner" and this year we honored Phil. So, after dinner we each took a turn and said what we like/love about Phil. A common trend was that we all enjoy his sense of humor and spirituality. This is a neat "tradition" as it's a way to show appreciate and love to family members, one year at a time ;) We then sang Steve happy birthday. I made a chocolate cake and some cupcakes.
One of Steve's birthday cakes. This one is homemade chocolate cake w/ English toffee on top, in the middle, and all around. :)

Cute cupcakes....I love sprinkles!

On Tuesday the 22nd we went over to Dave/Joann's and had dinner w/ them and Duane and Wendy Bates. Duane is a PA and a really good friend of Dave's. Steve has actually worked w/ Duane at the clinic when he was doing his MA and he's also shadowed him several times for classes and whatnot. Dave made his famous yummy Dave's BBQ ribs. We also had yummy funeral potatoes, rolls, and salad. We brought my mom's grape juice to go w/ it. It was an excellent dinner. Afterwards we hurried over to Walmart and price matched their turkey breasts, bought them, then brought them back up to Dave/Joann's to store them in their outdoor freezer. We wanted to make sure we had turkeys for the Christmas Party, and before prices go up after Thanksgiving.
Wednesday after work, I made the potato rolls and pumpkin ginger bread for Thanksgiving the next day. Steve had class unfortunately, but thankfully he didn't have it on Thanksgiving day (he usually has his EMT class on both Wed and Thur nights).
Thursday we got up and went down to Highland to help my mom peel potatoes and set up. Fortunately the chairs/tables were set up this time, and my mom had most of the potatoes done by the time we got there. We then helped out where we could. We stayed just long enough to eat and chit chat, then headed out. We then went up to Steve's parent's place for their Thanksgiving dinner. 2 yrs ago we tried the same thing but ended up missing his family's dinner; they were all done by the time we got there or had left. We had great fun w/ both families. My rolls and pumpkin bread seemed like they were a hit!
Pumpkin ginger bread....yummm ;)
After dinner w/ Steve's family we headed home, as my parents were coming to stay w/ us. After they got there we chatted a little, then decided to watch "Unstoppable." Since it was a true story we even got my mom to sit down and watch it ;) I went over to Walmart for 45 minutes for Black Friday at 10pm and made it out w/ a little 3 in 1 vacuum and some socks. It was pretty crazy in there so I was in and out as quick as I could.The next morning I made hash-browns, cheesy eggs, and toast (from my honey wheat bread) for breakfast for my parents and Steve. We then went out shopping. We dropped off Steve and my dad at Sportsman's warehouse while we went to Winco for groceries. Surprisingly Winco was rather empty, which I loved. Mom picked up some nuts and I got some groceries, including more spices for more pumpkin ginger bread and carol syrup to make carmel popcorn. We picked up the boys then went home. Dad got a knife for Steve's bday. We then went home and made carmel popcorn and watched "Secretariat." Mom liked that movie also since it's a true story. Mom and dad then headed out after a quick sandwich.
We ended up taking a quick nap, then got ready to go to the temple. Steve had the privilege of taking Ryan Millward through the temple, he was his escort that is. Ryan was baptized last November the 20th, the same day I was put in as RS President. Steve left a little before me to help him w/ his endowments, then I showed up for the session. It was a full session, but really neat. We were glad to be there w/ Ryan. He's an incredible person. Such a spiritual giant. He actually in the Elder's Quorum already, and will be getting married January 12th in the SLC Temple to the girl who introduced him to the Gospel per say. They started dating sometime after he was baptized. We're excited for him!
Saturday we went w/ Dave, Joann and Rob to a matinee to celebrate Steve's birthday. We went and watched "In Time" then went to Red Robin for his free birthday burger. The movie was great, the food was great, and the company was excellent!
Sunday I had meetings, then after church I made a coconut cake. It's a white cake, then punch holes in it and pour coconut milk, then put whip topping w/ coconut shavings on top. It's so yummy! Sister Ferre taught us that one on the mission. We then drove down to Provo to have dinner w/ Carrie and Ryan. Carrie made some yummy Asian chicken called Speedy-stir fry noodles. We then played Ticket to Ride and had the coconut cake. It was a fun evening!
Monday the 28th after work I made some cheesy potato soup and breadsticks. We also worked on making these things for our Christmas Party. It will be a smaller version of the Living Christ w/ a picture of Christ on the back, then we'll laminate them. This way you can put them in your scriptures and remember the true meaning of Christmas.
Tuesday after work I walked over to Temple Square to meet Steve. We wanted to walk around and see the lights for his 26th birthday. We invited Dave/Joann to come also so while we were waiting we went into the assembly hall and listened to some high school choirs sing carols; it was nice. We then met up w/ Dave/Joann and walked around and saw the pretty lights.
Here are some pics from Temple Square....sorry not the best, taken from my camera phone.
Salt Lake City Temple w/ lights

Nativity at Temple Square

"Light" in Slovene....yeah!!!!

After Temple Square we went back to Dave/Joanns and had Little Caesars pizza w/ bread-sticks. They gave him his birthday presents, leather gloves and Gators, which unfortunately were too small for his calves. He loved the gloves though let me tell you. It was a fun evening!
When we got home I gave him
Steve w/ his birthday gifts I gave him....new shirt, tie, Xbox live subscription, and a book I made called "The top 10 things I love about Stevie." I also made him a card ;)
Well things are going well here. Steve has a couple more weeks of class, then finals. He's also planning to have his knee surgery in between his break before school starts again in January. I'll have 2 classes to take next yr also, then I'll be done w/ my MBA...yeah!!!
We love you all lots! Have a great week.....It's December now ! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment