Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year, 2011!!!!!

This week just flew by, but I was excited for the weekend so no complaints from me. On Tuesday Steve and I went out to try and find some people in the branch that we didn't know if they lived there or not. We found one young lady and her five year old son and talked to them for a while. She said she lived there over a year now. It makes me wonder how many people live in these apartment complexes and don't come to church for one reason or another. I hope we can continue to find more.

On Thursday, Steve picked me up from work and we went up to Centerville to watch London while Stacie and Phil ran some errands. They put her down right after we got there, so it was pretty easy. She went right to sleep, so Steve played on the xbox while I cup some coupons. We talked to Stacie and Phil for a little bit, then headed out. On the way home, we stopped at Smiths to use the coupons I just cut. I saved 71 percent, yeah!!

Friday after work we went over to some friends in the branch for a New Year's Eve Party. I hurried and made pizza dough when I got home, then headed over. I baked the pizza dough on the pizza stones for 10 minutes, then put the toppings, then baked for another 10-15 minutes. We made 5 total, 2 meat (pepperoni, sausage, bacon), 1 canadian bacon/pineapple, 1 BBQ chicken, and 1 pesto chicken. They pretty much all got eaten too, must have been good! We then played games, watched a couple episodes of the Office, then watched the countdown and toasted w/ sparkling cider! It was fun!

On Saturday we slept in, then Steve had to work from noon to ten pm (but ended up not getting home until midnight). While he was gone I cleaned, did laundry, and got ready for our anniversary dinner the next day. I also met w/ Laura our VT Coordinator and went over our visiting teaching and made some changes. It's kind of a mess, so hopefully now it'll be a bit more organized.

On Sunday, it was our 2nd Anniversary! Our church didn't start until 11 a.m. so we got to sleep in, which was great!. I met Laura again at 10 a.m. to put our new assignments in the computer then printed them out to pass out to everyone. After church I met my counselors/secretary, then went home to finish our dinner. I put the ribs in the crockpot the night before and made the cake too.

I made Steve one of his favorites, meat and potatoes! (Baby back ribs, potatoes and gravy, peas and rolls)

Then for dessert, chocolate cake w/ coconut shavings!
Our 2nd anniversary!!! We watched Ice Age and played Sudoku, so fun!




Monday I took the day off so we got to sleep in again, yeah! Since it was a day we both had off, we went to the dentist then ran some errands. We went to Home Depot and picked up 2 items we felt we should have, a fire extinguisher and a carbon monoxide/smoke detector. We also rented Shrek 3; it was cute!

Installed fire extinguisher

And a duel smoke detector and CO detector (Steve w/ his new shirt from Christmas too)


Here's to another great year! Happy New Year!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I want to come over one night and have you sit down with me and kind of show me the ropes again on coupons. I think I get it but I want to be sure. Let me know of a night that will work for you.

    ReplyDelete