Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Working.....

Steve has been working hard and finished 100 hours in 9 days!!! He plans to work all this week (w/ the weekend off), and some of most of next week and he'll be DONE w/ his 200 hours!!! He's loving it thus far and has learned a lot. We're not sure exactly what he going to do once it finishes. School starts for him on next Wednesday, so we'll see if he can get a part time job to work in the afternoons after class. He'll finish his Associates in the Fall, then we'll see where he can get in for nursing.

I have my last class tonight then we just have our final (online) to take. I took my 2nd exam on Monday and missed one. After I'm done w/ this class I'm going to take an online class, Personal Finance, which I'm looking forward to. That will be my last class until next January (since I can only get reimbursed $10,000 or 5 classes/yr).

Besides being busy w/ school and work, I've been trying to make and plan our dinners more. I've made Enchiladas, Sheppard's Pie, Chicken Tetrazzini, etc. I printed out a month menu and have been organizing it that way. A lot of times it will depend on what I feel like, so I usually don't plan it until that day. So far so good though. Steve has been packing 2 lunches since he stays there basically from open to close, so it's worked out nice.



We've also gone over and walked Dave/Joann's dog Bailey. It's nice to get out in the evening when it's cooler and since BoJam can't walk on her heel, we offered to help. I love that little dog ;)



On Friday morning, my sister Pauline picked me up and we headed out to Stansbury Park to Rose's house (she had Charlotte w/ her also). My mom and sister Barbara drove down the night before just to spend time w/ us. When we got there, Barb, Pauline and I went to Tooele and went to one garage sale, then went to the DI and Wal-Mart. Exciting I know! When we got back, mom had ordered pizza, which we ate, then talked and made a "quiet book." My mom had brought all the stuff to make it, we just had to put it together. Rose was busy w/ a birthday party for Summer and some of her friends. After it was over, Pauline, Charlotte, Barb and I drove down to my place, then went shopping at TJMaxx Home Goods and Kolhs. It was fun just getting out and being w/ them.

We then drove over to Johnny Carino's to meet Rose and my mom for dinner, but by the time we got there Pauline had a serious migraine. We barely got our bread and water when we decided to just go back to my place so she could rest. I drove her car back and then she went in our 2nd bedroom and laid down. We then decided to go get Cafe Rio. We then ate our food and just talked. After dinner they decided they wanted to get cheesecake, so we went to Harmon's and picked up one in the frozen section. It had 4 flavors, peach, lemon, strawberry, and wild-berry. It was actually pretty good (and I usually don't like cheesecake). Since Pauline wasn't feeling too good, she decided to stay over. So my mom slept in the extra bed, Pauline on the trundle, Charlotte on the air mattress, and Barb on the coach. We had a full house, but it actually didn't seem too crowded.

The next morning I made waffles for breakfast, then we went shopping at Target, Ross, and the distribution center. We then came back and went swimming at our pool for a while. It was nice, especially since we were the only ones there. We then had our Cafe Rio for lunch (yumm). Pauline and Barb went to Costco while we showered and cleaned up and mom baked her apple pies. When they got back, they picked up mom and drove down to Utah County. Mom had a family reunion so she went to that while they shopped some more. I decided to stay and work on homework. We also went to Home Depot to look at dishwashers (ours is going out).

On Sunday morning, Steve had his meeting, then I met him for church. Sacrament was just about over, then we went to the assisted living center w/ some other Priesthood brethren from our branch so they could help pass the sacrament. Randy from our branch gave a great talk on faith and patience. After the meeting was over we went around and gave the sacrament to those who didn't make it down to the meeting. By the time we got done our church meetings were practically over as well. Steve and I went home, got a quick bite to eat, then took a nap. When we got up we headed over to his Grandma LuDean's for our monthly get together. We had a BBQ then each of us talked about a recent book that we'd read. It was really fun and interesting to hear all of the different books out there. I've been trying to read more, while on the train, so I've been checking books out of the city library on my lunch break. I've mainly been reading church books thus far, but now, after our get together, I've got some more I'd like to read.

Well, things are going well. With the hours Steve has been putting in we've been pretty tired, but it'll be good to get them over with. Hope all is well with you all. Keep us posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment