Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fun, fun, fun!

On Friday after work, we went on a double date w/ Rob and Kellie again. This time we went to yummy Red Robin's for dinner. We LOVE their hamburgers!!! Ironically Dave and Joann were there too; it was nice to see them for a couple minutes. Afterwards we went to Mulligans for mini golf. Though it didn't rain this time, it did get dark rather quickly, so we had to play by the lights on the pathway. Steve and I BOTH got holes in one though. Yeah!!!


Steve w/ Red Robin fries


Me, Steve, Kellie, and Rob at Mulligans

On Saturday Steve went w/ his dad and his dad's good friend Dwayne Bates (the PA Steve works with), his son, and Rob fly fishing. They had a good time, though again, Steve was the only one who caught a fish. Here is the fish. Though the fish were a little difficult, they still had a good time.


Steve's fish he caught fly fishing

While they were gone, Eve and I went to our co-worker's (Tiffany Austin) baby shower. We were all in the same new hire group and have kept touch since. She had some challenges getting pregnant, so she's super excited to finally be expecting. She's due in October; a little boy. She plans to work til the baby comes. It was good to see her.


Eve, Tiff, and I

After the shower Eve headed up to Park City to meet Aaron and help w/ the Special Olympics. I stayed home and took my Managerial Finance class final. It took 3 hours, but I'm glad it's over. Steve got home just before I finished, so he took a quick nap. I then cooked up a Digiorno Pizza then we headed out to the temple. As we got there, the front desk asked us if we'd like to do sealings. Steve wanted to do them but I'm usually a little hesitant since I tend to pass out, but we decided to do them anyway. It actually ended up being one of the most AMAZING experiences we've had in the temple. There were 4 other couples there w/ us. The Spirit was sooo strong. A older gentleman came in a in the middle of it and asked if we could do his brothers name. So, Steve and I acted as the couple, and he acted for his brother (who apparently recently passed). He was so incredibly grateful for us being willing to help out. I LOVE the temple sooo much and am so thankful to know that our families can exist beyond death. The Plan of Salvation is real!!!

1 comment:

  1. This was so fun to read! I loved the picture of you, Tiff, and Eve. It brought back lots of memories! I wish our friendship could be in person but I am glad that I can at least keep up via blogs!

    ReplyDelete