Just having fun! (Dakota, Summer, Mikey, Riley, Colby, Charlotte, and Ava)
Pauline and Charlotte riding the horse
In order to fit all of us and our "families" at the house, we were all over the place. Pauline's family slept out in the camper, Barb's family in a tent in the backyard, Steve and I were out in a tent by them, Rose and Anna's families were inside, and Dexter's family went over to stay at Daron's place. It worked out well though and we all had some "space" and a place to sleep.
The tents we slept in, and the camper in the background
Dexter, Steve, and Wade playing horseshoes
Haley leading Mikey and Riley on the horses (Dakota helping too)
On Friday we went to the Lake after breakfast. We swam at Black Sands while dad took people on the boat for rides and to go tubing. We all had a great time, though it was REALLY hot!!! It got up to 104 degrees! We had lunch there at Black Sands, then headed back (the heat drained us). We then had a scavenger hunt for the kids around the house. I helped Barbara and Pauline put it together and get it set up; it was a lot of fun! The guys went clay pigeon shooting, I went w/ them (and Michelle and Kristi). I shot Steve's 4-10 gun and got one actually, then just watched. We also played games (Scum, Apples to Apples, Phase 10, etc
Steve helping to put the boat in
Steve, Summer and Haley swimming
The boat running again
Pauline and Char enjoying the sun
Steve, Jared and Chris after a swim race
The kids working on the scavenger hunt
Clay Pigeon shooting, Steve and Daron
Saturday morning we went over to Grandma's. While the guys (cousins too) were helping to cut and stack firewood, I went and mowed the lawn for her. She has a cute little John Deer riding lawn mower that I got to use. It was really fun once I got the hang of it, and I surprisingly do love mowing lawns!
The cool lawn mower I got to use
After the "service" we cleaned up and went over to the church for lunch. It was Grandma's 80th Birthday so a lot of the cousins/aunts/uncles came to celebrate. We each made a scrapbook page or two to put into a book we were compiling of our memories of her; she seemed to really enjoy the book too. We had lunch, played games, some went swimming (Steve and I worked on homework), then we came back for dinner. We had a hot dog roast out at the pavilion by the church. It was a great idea and it was fun, just a little too HOT to be by the fire. After that we went home and played games, watched a movie, and the guys went fishing for about an hour. They had a great time and caught quite a lot of fish too!
All of us (just our side of the family not any cousins) and Grandma at her 80th Birthday Party
We were the only ones w/out kids, so Daron stepped in to help :)
S'mores!!!
Steve, Kristi and Chris roasting their hot dogs
Ya it was HOT!!!

The fish the guys caught
Besides the reunion update, we also got new tires for my Corolla. With the new tires we all got free oil changes for a year (4 times basically)! We also went to the Doctor to follow up on my surgery. He said things are looking good but to still take it easy in some aspects, including not taking Ibuprofen for another week or so. We'll go see him the first week of August too just to check up on it again. We also went and had dinner w/ Steve and Abby Bonney last week. They're expecting their first kid, due in January.
Work is going good. I'm applying for a new position; should find out w/in a week or so if I got it. My class is going pretty well, we'll start week 4 next week, so midterms. We also went and did initiatories on Tuesday, then hurried back and did homework the rest of the night. Steve is just about done w/ his Summer Semester. He has one final next week then the others the first week of August. He'll have a 2 week break, then will start the Fall Semester. I think he's getting pretty excited about getting done!
Hey it was fun seeing you guys, to bad it was so short! We were wondering if you friends the Bonney's if the husbands family is from Switzerland?
ReplyDelete