Thursday after work, I was determined to get our 2nd bedroom back. For the last couple months its been full of Steve's boxes/stuff that we took out of his parents house to help them "declutter." Since we don't have much storage space, I wasn't sure what to do. I just received my gift-card from our last campaign, so we went and bought shelves at Home Depot. We got busy w/ homework, so we didn't put them up, so the next day I was thinking...... I'd rather have that $80 for something else. So I told Steve to wait til I got home before he put them up. For the next 2 hours, I then reorganized what we had in the closet, consolidated boxes, and rearranged our stuff and was able to fit all of his stuff plus what we had before!!! We even had more room than before surprisingly! Steve went to help take down all the sandbags, so when he got home, I had it all put away and cleaned up! The room was finally a room again! I was REALLY excited, if you couldn't tell ;)
Yeah more room in the closet now, and the bedroom is a bedroom again! Steve's stuff is mainly what are in the green boxes on the sides.
Friday we invited 2 couples over to make pizza and play games. When I got home from work, I made the pizza dough, and Steve helped me cook the bacon and sausage. A couple that lives on the 3rd floor above us is moving at the end of the month, so we wanted to do something before they left. I put the pizza stones in so they'd be ready, and started cooking the dough (10 minutes w/out toppings) before they all got there. Then when they showed up we added the toppings and cooked for another 15 minutes. We ended up making 2 pepperoni, sausage, bacon, red peppers and 1 BBQ one. Steve actually BBQ'd the chicken to cook it and give an extra BBQ flavor. This was our first time making a BBQ one; it actually tasted REALLY good. I forgot to take a pic though, since it got eaten pretty quickly :)
It looked something like this but better :)Saturday, we went over and cleaned the church, then Steve went to help clean up at his Grandmas' and I stayed to clean our place and do laundry. I also went to Smith's to get some groceries. When Steve got back we went to the temple and did family names for initiatories. We then hurried back, changed, put our fruit bowl together, and went over to LuDean's for dinner. She had a get together for her birthday and instead of doing it in December when its cold, we had a Luau when its warm. There was a pretty good turnout and the weather was beautiful! We stayed after to help clean up.
On Sunday Steve had his early morning meeting at 7:30, then church started at 9 a.m. We were both pretty tired after church, so we had a nice LONG nap afterwards. We then went back over to LuDean's to help eat some of the leftovers. Stacie/Phill/London, and Dave/Joann came over to help too. It was nice to just visit. We then went home and went over to our neighbors to play games w/ some other couples from the branch. We played scum; it was a lot of fun!!!
Hope all is well. We're excited to go up to Idaho this weekend!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment