Friday I had the day off; it was great! Steve and I got to do some errands, and also went to support Ethan in his preschool Christmas program. We went and ate at "Noodles and Company" first; it was actually pretty good.
Saturday we had a pretty busy day. In the morning I went over to the church for choir practice while Steve worked on our water heater. The boards were old and moldy, so Steve decided to replaced them. When I got back, I made some pizza dough and got ready for Zach and Rob to come over. They came over around 12:30 pm we could play Wii. As I put together the pizzas, they played games. We played bowling, a board game, boxing, etc. Carrie and Elvis even came over for a bit to play; it was a lot of fun...even if I'm not so good. That night we went over to the McGrath Christmas party. They have it every year at the Best Western hotel in Sandy. It was great to see everyone and catch up a little. I'm still trying to get the "family tree" down, but it's coming.
On Sunday, we had the Verhagen Family over. They are a family from Vancouver, Steve's mission. They drove down from Canada and decided to stop by and visit while they were on their way to Vegas and Disneyland. We took them to church w/ us. It was our branch Christmas program, which was really good. After church, we showed them around our condo, then Steve took them up Little Cottonwood canyon to see the quary, while I went and helped Dave and Joann get lunch ready. They then came back and we had lunch. We then watched the movie, "Only a Stone cutter" which is about the pioneer who carved the words "Holiness to the Lord" on the SLC Temple. It's a great story. We then went up to Temple Square to look at the lights and visitor information. We met Steve's old companion, Hunter Heaton, and his wife. Ironically they served together in the city We were able to catch a tour of the Conference Center, which was awesome! It always amazes me the more I learn about that building. It really is a modern miracle. We then went to the visitor's centers and walked around looking at the lights. Though it was Sunday, there were a LOT of people at Temple Square. It was rather cold as well, so we tried to go quickly. After we got back, we ate some sandwiches for dinner and played "Apples to Apples." It was great spending time w/ them. It's always fun to be w/ people from your mission.
On Monday, Steve took them up to "This is the Place" monument and then over to the distribution center. They had a blast shopping I hear; stayed there for 3 hours or so. They then had lunch and headed to Vegas. It's been snowing today, so good thing they left. That night after work, Steve and I watched "The Christmas Carol" on tv. We then went and drove around the neighborhood and looked at the Christmas lights. It was a lot of fun!
We're getting pretty excited for Christmas! We're planning to spend Christmas Eve w/ Dave and Joann, then spend Christmas w/ my parents. My little brother Dexter is supposed to be getting back this week from the Marines (he was over in Afghanistan for several months). We're excited to see him and all the relatives this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment