Saturday, January 31, 2026

3rd week of January

The day after we got home from San Diego was a holiday (Monday, January 19th), Martin Luther King Day, so we didn't have work or school.  Steve, Nyles, and Dave went out fishing.  

They caught a few Rainbow Trout.  Nyles ate the fish that night.

On Tuesday, the boys had rock climbing and then Young Men's.  Nyles also stayed after school for play practice.  

On Wednesday, Nyles had a combined band concert at Jordan High School.  Eastmont Middle School also came and combined w/ the high school band.  Each middle school played a number, along w/ the high school, then they played one together.

Nyles playing w/ his middle school band, then w/ everyone.

Nyles' playing w/ the combined band, "Storming the Castle."

Dave came to watch, which we appreciate.  They didn't have a live stream this time, unfortunately.

On Thursday, the boys had rock climbing.  That evening I had an Auxiliary Training for all the Primary Presidencies and music leaders in our Stake.  Our theme for this year is Stand in Holy Places.  We're learning and teaching the stake primary kids the new song "Holy Places" in hymnbook #1026.  It's really pretty, and the words are amazing.  

You can watch it here.   

Friday morning, Steve, Dave, and Hudson went up to the cabin at Strawberry Reservoir to get it appraised.  There wasn't much snow, so they were able to drive in.  Hudson and Dave wanted to take a walk while they waited for the appraiser.  They had so much fun they decided to go back up after Nyles and Carter were out of school.  

Hudson and Dave taking a walk, then later up at the cabin.
Hardly any snow at the cabin, which is crazy for January.  Usually, you have to snowmobile in.

Steve drove back down after the appraisal, got Nyles and Carter from school, then went back up to the cabin for the evening.  I was preparing to go on my work trip to San Francisco, so I stayed home.  Rob and Dave's friend/neighbor Duane Bates also went up.  They picked up Papa Murphy's pizzas for dinner and watched Star Wars movies.  

Back up at the cabin.  Nyles practicing driving by the cabin.

While they were up there, Steve let Nyles try driving.  I also made sourdough.
Steve and Hudson walking home from church.

Hudson is doing upstart, and hit a milestone this week!

Sunday morning, I went to the 9th Ward Conference at 9am.  We stayed both hours to help w/ their music 2nd hour.  We then had a quick orientation for the new Primary Presidency.  Afterwards, I came home and finished packing up to leave to San Francisco for a work trip.  Steve then took me to the airport that afternoon.  I flew out w/ a coworker thankfully, so I wasn't by myself.  We were going to be there most of the week, until Thursday evening.

Great quotes:




No comments:

Post a Comment