We had a pretty exciting week.... not! Steve ended up going into the ER Sunday night. He thought he broke his ribs and was worried they were stabbing into his lungs or something since he now had a fever. I hadn't been feeling well since Friday night, but didn't think much of it. I figured I had a cold. So while in the ER they did a CT scan to look at his ribs and lungs. His lungs were ok and his ribs were bruised. They also tested him for Covid, and sure enough it was positive. Steve got home at 2:30am, then we tried to go to bed.
Steve was supposed to have his kidney stone removed Monday afternoon, but he called in and told them he had Covid, so they told him they'd reschedule. I was supposed to go into the office the whole week, but since Steve was supposed to get his kidney stone out, I had told my boss I was going to work from home Monday.
Since Steve tested positive for Covid, I figured I'd better test as well. Sure enough, I was positive. Carter wasn't feeling well either, so we tested him, and he was positive also. Hudson and Nyles felt well, so they went to school. I ended up working from home the whole week, while fighting chills, cough, and a runny nose. It was tough at times, but I made it through. I was thankful I was able to work from home and didn't end up taking any PTO.
Hudson went to school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, while Carter stayed home those days. Hudson didn't have school Thursday since teacher had a staff meeting, Ironically that night Hudson woke up w/ Croup, so Steve took him to the Dr. Nyles also wasn't feeling well Friday morning either, so he stayed home from school.
My positive Covid test, along w/ Carter's positive test.
Nyles tried his pottery set we gave him from the Honoree Dinner.
And we got a little snow. As we stayed home the whole week, the kids found ways to pass the time. They came up w/ a new game called Turkey, where they pretend to be turkeys and shoot each other as they pass from one side to the other of the living room. Hudson thinks it so fun!
Steve got another order of firewood.
This person wanted 12 bundles of firewood for their home wood burning stove. Great quotes.
Steve cut down some Quaking Aspen trees at Dave/Joann's place, then Dave brought the trees to our place to dump them. Our bi-annual dump pick up is tomorrow, so it works out.
Steve and the boys felt good enough to go duck hunting Saturday afternoon. While they were gone I worked on my Relief Society lesson.
I taught the lesson in Relief Society today. I had 2 talks, "
This is my gospel, this is my church" by Elder Renlund, and "
Live up to your privileges" by Emily Freeman. Both are great talks. I mostly quoted from Renlunds. I loved his analogy about dynamite. "
Dynamite changed the world. It also made Nobel wealthy. Without a stabilizer, nitroglycerin was just too hazardous to be commercially valuable, as Ascanio Sobrero found out. By itself, as I mentioned, kieselguhr was of little value. But the combination of the two components made dynamite transformative and precious. In a similar way, the combination of the gospel of Jesus Christ and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints provides powerful and transformative benefits for us. The gospel is perfect, but a divinely commissioned church is required to preach it, maintain its purity, and administer its sacred ordinances with the Savior’s power and authority."
After church we stayed after to work on getting our temple recommends renewed. We'll go back next week to meet w/ our Stake Presidency. Before dinner we walked down to the grade school to play and take Piper for a walk/play catch w/ her ball. Steve's kidney has been hurting again. We're grateful his surgery got rescheduled for tomorrow.
Picture of dynamite for my lesson. Silly kids got my camera phone.
Though we had a sick week, we played games together and tried to make the most of it. It was good to spend time together, and we were thankful this round of Covid wasn't as bad as when we got it last year. We're glad to be on this side of the sickness, and hope to be fully "better" soon.
Great quotes:
No comments:
Post a Comment