Sunday, January 22, 2023

3rd week of January

Here are some highlights from the 3rd week of January. Monday, January 16th, we had the day off for Martin Luther King Jr Day.  We took it easy.  

Hudson playing in the blocks bin.  We then bundled up and went outside.  Piper wanted to play ball of course.  Hudson helped by kicking her the ball.

Nyles had my name for Christmas and he got me a dart board.  Steve set it up in the garage.  We took turns playing it as a family and Hudson played in the car.

On Tuesday, I had to go into work, the whole week!  They just started requiring us to go into the office for the whole week, every 4 weeks.  I'm not excited about it, but I guess it's still better than going in 50% of the time, like we did before Covid.  I stinks though that it takes 1 hour total to get to work on the train and 1 hour total back.  I'd rather be at home w/ Steve and the boys for those 2 hours, but we'll make due and adjust again.  Hudson was especially sad I had to go into work.  In the past when I've said I'm going to work, I just shut our bedroom down and he knows not bother me (mostly).  He wanted to call me on my way home on the train on day, and of course played w/ the graphics.  When I got home he gave me a huge hug and wouldn't let go.  I have been spoiled being able to work 100% from home since March 2020 when Covid started, so almost 3 years.

Hudson loves Nyles' Rocketship and wants to play w/ it all the time, but Nyles is afraid he'll break it of course.  We finally looked online and ordered one for Hudson so he doesn't have to play w/ Nyles'.  

Hudson talking to me while coming home on the train after work.  The boys using their tools to build things.  Hudson sleeping w/ Nyles' Rocketship, then playing w/ his once we got it.

Hudson counting backwards for his new rocket to blastoff.  He learned it watching Mickey Mouse.

Hudson jumping.


Hudson walking, being silly.

Hudson finding out that peanuts are inside of the shell.


On Saturday, Carter had another basketball game.  Dave and Joann came to see him.  He had a great pass (assist) to another player closer to the basket who then make it for their team.  Great job Carter!

Carter (#13) and his friend Colin (#5) play on the same team.  
Joann, Carter and Dave.  Hudson rolling the basketball w/ Nyles.

Steve put up my ukulele above my desk w/ something we already had at home.  The boys wanted theirs hung up too, so we ordered some online.  Now we can safely put them away each day and keep them out of Hudson's hands ;)

Steve has wanted to try smoking a pork butt for a while, so while we were at Sam's Club we found one on sale.  He started it this morning at 5 am and it just got done, a little earlier than expected.  We're having the missionaries over tonight for dinner plus Stacie/Phill's family.  It's super yummy!  Good work Steve!  It's been snowing today, so Steve put up the canopy to try to keep the smoker warmer, protect from the snow, plus Steve stays dry when he goes out to check on it.  It works great!

The pork seasoned and ready to go.  The canopy keeping the smoker dry.  
The snow we're getting today (not much).  All done!

We had a great lesson today on forgiveness.  It's something we all can continue to pray for and work on.

Great quotes on forgiveness.




No comments:

Post a Comment