"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
Thursday, February 17, 2022
2nd Week of February, my birthday!
We had a fun 2nd week of February; my birthday week! Here are some highlights.
Cute Hudson likes Danimals. He's also getting good at climbing on things, including our oven! He sure knows how to keep you on your toes and scare you!
I went to return something to Amazon at Kohls and got a free $5 coupon. After returning the item I decided to look around. I thought we could use a new hand towel. I saw some B1G1, but then I saw a spot of up to 80% clearance. I found a bundle of towels but couldn't find the price tag, so I went to check the price at the scanner. It wasn't working so I found an employee close by. He couldn't find it either, so he said, "how about $5?" I said sure. He said if anyone asks tell them the manager Daniel said so. I then proceeded to the cash register to check out. Ironically she was able to find a tag (though neither me nor the manager were able to). The price tag said originally $100 for the bundle, then it was 60% off, so $40 now. She didn't believe me when I told her the manager said it was $5 so she called him. He confirmed it, so it rung up $5 and I used the $5 coupon, so it was 100% FREE!!! So I got a bath towel, a hand towel, and 2 wash clothes, all for FREE! Sweet!
Great quote. The towels I got for free. Funny Valentines!
Steve, Dave and Nyles went to Scheels for a free fishing class. A speaker taught them more about how to fish Utah Lake. They had 3 door prizes of $25 gift cards, and Dave and Nyles won 2 of them! Nyles was only a little excited about it! The next day Nyles had a Primary Activity w/ the Elders at the church. They made paper airplanes and had a great time!
Nyles couldn't stand having his gift card very long, so they went back to Scheels and found something to buy. He split it w/ Carter, since he wasn't able to go. Nyles got a new fishing reel and Carter got a stuffed animal T-Rex.
I took off Thursday and Friday for my birthday! After dropping Nyles and Carter to school, then came back home. We then put Hudson down for a nap. Dave and Joann then came over and we were able to go to the temple. We were able to do sealing. It was great! Steve and the boys also decorated for my birthday! They got me pretty tulips that you enjoy indoors first then can plant outdoors later, plus popcorn! 2 of my most favorite things!
After we got back from the temple, Steve went and picked up Carter from preschool. Then later that afternoon we picked up Nyles. Carter and Hudson played for a few minutes while we waited for Nyles to come out from school. Cute Hudson w/ my sunglasses on.
Hudson wanted to play outside while Nyles and Carter were at Martial Arts, so we played in the sandbox. We still had a little snow and he couldn't resist touching it. It was pretty cold!
On my birthday night we ordered Texas Roadhouse for dinner! The boys then helped light and blow out my candle (free cupcake from Sam's Club).
Friday afternoon Steve, Dave, Nyles and Carter went fishing, while I stayed home w/ Hudson so he could take a nap. Dave then volunteered to take the Nyles and Carter so we could go out to eat or something, in celebration of my birthday. Steve and I headed out to go get dinner at Moochies when we got a call from Diane asking for Steve's help w/ a toilet. We were already headed out so we said sure. Well, when we got inside, they said "Surprise!" Dave and Joann brought over Nyles and Carter and parked a few houses down so we didn't even notice their truck. They were so sneaky! We had pizza and cake and ice cream, and even played a fun game from Aunt Diane. It was a lot of fun!! Thanks so much for putting it on; I loved it! :)
On Saturday, Pauline and Rose and their families came over for dinner as well.
It was great seeing everyone and we even played a game of Blank Slate; so fun!
The Tulips from Steve and the boys, flowers from Pauline and candle from Rose. Thanks!
We did more science experiments and made sugar crystals.
This one took a week, but it was still fun to watch it "grow" over time.
Sunday we took dinner over to LuDean and Diane. We made Chinese food and played Blank Slate. Carter even wrote down answers w/ Diane's help. Carter and Hudson snuggling w/ Aunt Diane.
No comments:
Post a Comment