
Can you believe 2017 is over! One of our New Year's Resolution for 2017 was to write down something we were grateful for every day. We made it for a week, then a month, and finally we were able to do it every day of the entire year! I am a honestly a little amazed we were able to do it every single day and stick with it the WHOLE year, but we actually did! I had a jar sitting on the counter to put our responses in every day. I also found it was easier when I had small pieces of paper with each day of the month written on it already, so that way we could see if we forgot/missed a day and catch up if needed.
I'm glad we stuck with it day after day this year. It was an eye opener and has helped our family. I am very thankful for the opportunity we had to look towards the positive side of things for an entire year. I truly feel it has made a difference in our lives. It's very easy to spot and focus on the negative things in life. It can really consume you if you let it. There is always something to be grateful for, every day, even if you have to stop and think for a while. The Lord truly wants us to be happy, and counting your blessings is definitely one of the ways to allow yourself to see the good in your life and be happy.
Here are some other good quotes, and what we were thankful for during December.



| Steve | Penny | Nyles |
| 12/1/2017 | The Library. | Christmas lights around. | Elf on the Shelf came to our house! |
| 12/2/2017 | Grateful for Penny's sacrifice so I could go hunting. | The Gift of the Holy Ghost. | Got to see cousins at Cameron's baptism, played w/ Conor. |
| 12/3/2017 | My wife, family get together. | Steve let me sleep in. | Recognized when I felt the Spirit during testimony night/Family Jerusalem dinner. |
| 12/4/2017 | For the snow, while it lasted. | Snow finally! | Got to play at Tyler's house. |
| 12/5/2017 | Sudafed. | Steve made dinner and did dishes. | Practiced letters and numbers w/ mom. |
| 12/6/2017 | Got to go to the aquarium w/ Carrie and Lynsie. | Heaters to keep us warm. | Found all 10 Elf of the Shelfs at the Aquarium and got treats. |
| 12/7/2017 | Penny coming home, taking over for me with the boys. | Got my official passing score for the CFP test and I am now licensed! | Had my reading group today. |
| 12/8/2017 | Go to Costco as a family, we had a fun family evening. | Friday! | Played w/ Ryder. |
| 12/9/2017 | Priesthood blessing. | The Internet. | Went to Lynsie's birthday party and saw Santa at Ward Christmas Party. |
| 12/10/2017 | Great medical facilities around. My Grandma is alive. | Family. | Played w/ Ezra. |
| 12/11/2017 | Carter's feeling better today. | New tires, and on sale too. | I got the secret sack from Kindergarten today. |
| 12/12/2017 | Nyles had 2 baby teeth pulled. | Nyles excitement for life and Carter's curiosity for life. | First 2 baby teeth came out. |
| 12/13/2017 | Rob watching the boys for us. | Date night @ the temple w/ Steve. I love the peace we feel there. | Tooth fairy came! |
| 12/14/2017 | My handgun. | Train takes me to work so I don't have to drive. | Baby Carter. |
| 12/15/2017 | Family together. | Family outing at Temple Square. | I'm grateful I could go see the lights. |
| 12/16/2017 | Went duck hunting this morning w/ Kalia. | Snow finally! Family outing at the Aquarium. | I could play w/ Sophie and the elf came. |
| 12/17/2017 | Warm coats. | The Temple. | Grandma's bottled pears. |
| 12/18/2017 | Good neighbors. | Eternal families. | Went and saw Christmas lights at the park. |
| 12/19/2017 | Clean air. | The power of music. | Last day of school this year. |
| 12/20/2017 | It snowed today. | The train to get me home safely when it's bad weather. | Made cookies w/ Mom. |
| 12/21/2017 | Sunshine. | Last day of work for the year! | Played w/ Sophie. |
| 12/22/2017 | Penny was off work today, so we were together as a family. | Steve let me sleep in. | Played w/ Conor at the Aquarium. |
| 12/23/2017 | New light on light pole outside. | Groceries delivered to our door 4 free! | My brother Carter. |
| 12/24/2017 | Snow on Christmas Eve. | Scriptures to teach of us Christ. | Played w/ Ezra. |
| 12/25/2017 | Family and Friends, my cute family. | The birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. | Santa came. |
| 12/26/2017 | My Dr could get me in today. | No work all week, get to spend it w/ my boys. | Went to the aquarium. |
| 12/27/2017 | Duck hunting w/ Zach. | No cavities and I actually enjoyed myself at the dentist. | Fed the ducks and went to the library w/ Mom and Carter. |
| 12/28/2017 | Family together for the day. | Did some decluttering together as a family. | Feeling better today after having stomach bug. |
| 12/29/2017 | Fun evening w/ family. | Fun family get together w/ sisters. | Played w/ cousins. |
| 12/30/2017 | Family helping each other. | Sunny day in December. | Played w/ neighbors @ our house. |
| 12/31/2017 | The sacrament. | My testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. | Played w/ Calvin. |
No comments:
Post a Comment