Thursday, January 12, 2017

Letters/Notes to Each Other

I want to keep track of some thoughtful letters/notes that Steve and I have written to each other.  We both know that we love each other, but it's nice to read each other's feelings and reflect on them from time to time.  Here are a few of the recent ones.

11/29/2016-Steve's 31st Birthday

Steve, 

It's your birthday shout hooray! (Yes I've been in primary a little while). Again I wanted to make you a cute card but lacked the time and figured I could type faster.

I want you to know how much I love and care for you.  You really are so precious to me.  You are my world! I can't think what life would be like without you.  As I look at pictures over the years we've been together a smile comes to my face. I realize how you really make my life more full, more interesting, and more complete.  You always find a way to make me smile and I love that about you. 

You give me strength and courage I can't find elsewhere.  You believe in me even when I doubt myself.  You make me a better person. 

Steve I'm so thankful that you are my eternal companion and best friend.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband and father for our children.  You are incredible and you should never think otherwise.  We'll make it through anything together. We've been together 2889 days and we'll be together infinity more. 

I love you more and more each day! I choose you, and I'll choose you over and over again.  Without pause, without a doubt,  in a heartbeat,  I'll keep choosing you.  You are my everything!  I love you Steve!

Happy birthday!

Love ya,
Penny 😆


12/25/2016-Steve's letter to me on Christmas.

Merry Christmas to my loving wife. as this year we have agreed to not buy anything for each other and then asked what you would like instead of monetary gifts you responded with a letter/note from me as you wrote for me on my birthday. I hope you are okay that it is typed as i was going to be hand writing it until you said not to. Aside from the how and why of this letter i have been comprising my thoughts and feelings and trying to decide how to express something that cant be truly expressed in the written language. I want you to know that i Love you with all my heart even when i get awnry or angry or frustrated, every time we have ever had a disagreement i have always known that we just need to resolve the matter quickly because we are eternal. knowing that we are eternal also brings me great joy, i am so happy that we and our two boys are a family forever, i cant think of anyone else that i would want to live and grow with for the rest of eternity. I am also very happy with the fact that you love my family even though they can be very difficult at times or most always, you know that they also mean a great deal to me, so thank you! thank you for being caring and willing to let me sleep while we learn with the new addition to the family. i know that seems silly but i really do like my sleep. I love you so much penny and i want you to know that I believe in the restored gospel with all my heart even when i struggle i do know it is true and that we are eternal.
Love you forever and merry Christmas! 
love Steve


01/12/2016--A note Steve left me.  He went up to Idaho to duck/geese hunt for a couple days for the 2nd time in the past 2 weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment