Sunday, October 23, 2016

October

So here we are half way through October already.  I went back to work on Wednesday, September 28th.  Since I had Carter on a Wednesday, I went back to work on a Wednesday.  As you can imagine there was a lot to catch up after being off for 4 1/2 months.  I was trying to delete emails while I was out at home, about once a month, but I still had over 800 when I got in to work.  I thought I'd take the first couple days to delete emails and get caught up on trainings and whatnot, but it didn't happen that way.  Ironically the guy who was covering for me had appointments the day I returned but was unable to complete them since they took away his access.  I ended up doing 4 appointments on my first day back, so it was a pretty busy day.  I feel like I'm finally caught up now and starting to get ahead.  There were a lot of changes while I was out in our organization, so I have been trying to get caught up w/ those too.  Though there was many organizational changes, work is still work.  I know I've said this before, but I feel so blessed to have had that time to be home.  Family really is the most important thing in our lives!

Sometimes I can't believe we are now a family of 4!  Currently Nyles is 4 years old and Carter is 4 months old.  Carter weighed 14.7 lbs, was 25.2 inches long and his head was 16.3 inches at his 4 month appointment.  Carter is still growing, but it's slowed down compared to his first 2 months.  Ironically right before I went back to work Carter started waking up 2 times during the night, where he had been only waking up once before.  Then for the first week or 2 after going back to work he was really stubborn and didn't want to eat for Steve while I was at work, even though he had taken a bottle before.  He would essentially wait until I got home from work then want to eat all night of course.  It was a little tiring to say the least, but luckily he's about back to normal now, and only waking up once during the night.  He's eating and sleeping better for Steve too during the day.

Cute little Carter!  
He's figured out how to grab his binky and play w/ it, lay on his belly a little, reach his toes, hold his head up so strong, and just be such an easy lovable baby for the most part.  
We love him so much!


I also can't believe we've been in our house 6 months now!  We moved in during the April General Conference, and we just had the October General Conference.  It was the same weekend as the duck hunting opener of course, so Steve went up to Strawberry Lake Friday afternoon so he could be there for the opener the next morning.  He took Rob Daniels w/ him and his cousin's kid Christian Taylor (19 years old).  Zach Hannay and his fireman buddy Aaron Call also showed up.  They hunted that morning until about noon, then came home.  Luckily they each got a duck, so that made them happy.

Steve w/ some ducks he shot.

While Steve was gone, the boys and I watched General Conference at home on TV.
Nyles building a tower while "watching" General Conference.

Nyles and Carter during conference.

Then on Sunday we were able to watch General Conference together as a family.  It was a little tricky taking in all the messages at times in between feedings, naps, and trying to keep Nyles attention.  We tried different games and things to keep him interested.  He did pretty good.  Either way I'm glad we are able to listen to them again, and so quickly too.  It was only a few days and they had them uploaded to the LDS app.  I have been able to read them on my phone while riding on the train into work.  There are such great messages.  I hope we're all reading and rereading them.

Joann gave us a fun activity to do while listening to conference-use sugar cubes and frosting to build something.  Steve built a replica of the temple and Nyles built a tower.

Playing General Conference Bingo-always a hit!

That Sunday night we had our family dinner.  Stacie and Phill were in charge this time.  They had it at Phill's work building in Farmington.  We had a lot of fun!  The kids got to dress up in their Halloween costumes and we had Halloween themed food.  Carrie, Ryan and Lynsie even came down from Colorado for his brother's wedding, so they joined us a well.  It was great seeing everyone!

Carter playing w/ Aunt Carrie.

Nyles playing w/ the vampire teeth that were in the donuts.

Me, Melanie, Carrie and Carter.

The following Saturday, Steve went back up to Strawberry to go duck hunting w/ his dad and took two of his nephews, Ethan Lake (Melanie/Brandon's boy) and Isaac McGrath (Jeff/Kim's boy).  They wanted to try duck hunting and Steve gladly volunteered to take them.  Nyles of course went as well.  They left Saturday around noon, and spent all afternoon up there.  It was a little too warm and the weather was a little too nice, so they didn't get any, but they all had a great time together.

Hiking down to the gully.  Steve carrying a pontoon boat so they can get their ducks from the water.  Issac, Ethan and Nyles following him.

Assessing their situation.

Setting up the decoys.


Now just waiting.  Nyles, Dave, Isaac and Ethan.



Beautiful day, not too good for duck hunting though.


Cute Carter working on his tummy skills.

Nyles and Steve slept in the living room together for a "camp out."  They were going to do it out in the backyard this Summer and never did.  Nyles won't let Steve forget next Summer though ;)

Steve has been helping his parents move stuff around in their garage, house, and new shed.  They just started renovating their house this week.  

Grandma Joann and Carter enjoying the day.

Poor Nyles got a cold and gave it to Carter a couple weeks ago.  Carter got in the sun and sneezed out some major boogers.  Luckily he's feeling better now. 

Carter loves this cute puppy our neighbor Karolyn gave him.  
Steve took this picture of him, "you caught me dad!"

Nyles eating all the raspberries he and Grandma Joann just picked :)

Nyles pulling his wagon on his bike ;)

We got Nyles a scooter this past week.  It was supposed to be for Christmas, but we figured it would be better for him to enjoy it now before we get snow.  Ironically he's been doing really well holding his pee at nighttime, so we decided to give it to him as a way to say "good job" and "keep up the good work."  The next day he slept all night in his underwear w/out going potty (usually we've been putting him in a diaper just so we don't have to clean it up).  He's gone the whole week now in his underwear w/out going at nighttime!  He's loving his scooter too to say the least.

Nyles riding his scooter around Draper Park.  He's so happy!

We've had some more updates on our house as well, so I'll post that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment