Happy Easter everyone! It's been a rough week around here unfortunately. Both Nyles and I have been sick. He started showing signs of sickness last Saturday with a cough, fever, and lethargy. Sunday he still had his fever, so we took it easy. It was the Provo City Center dedication so we let him stay here to nap w/ Dave and Joann while we went, but he ended up getting up and didn't sleep til after we got back. That night I started to not feel too well. I got the chills, a cough, and sore throat. I didn't sleep too well that night, so I ended up staying home the next 2 days. I made my way into work Wednesday and Thursday, just so I didn't use more vacation/sick days, but didn't stay the whole time either day. I had already requested Friday and the following Monday off (around Easter). Instead of going up to Idaho for Easter, we've been here trying to get better. Not the ideal situation, but what can we do?
We took Nyles to his Dr on Tuesday because he was complaining his ears hurt. Sure enough he had an ear infection. We started him on the antibiotics, but unfortunately they didn't work too well. We ended up taking him back to his Dr on Friday, and he said his ear wasn't getting better like it should, so he switched to a different antibiotic. Thankfully he's been perking up the last couple days and has had more energy like he should. Before switching meds, many times we'd find him like this on the couch just wanting to sleep. Poor little guy.
I went to the Dr on Thursday and was diagnosed w/ the flu. Fun eh? At this point there is nothing we can do but let it pass. There has been a lot of coughing, and lack of energy of course. Joann ironically was diagnosed w/ pneumonia the day before as well. We've been quite the bunch here, coughing, sleeping, and lounging around.
Since I was home most of the week, Steve has been able to go over to the house and work on it. The paint is done upstairs and we now have carpet in all the bedrooms, the stairs, fireplace room, and downstairs! It definitely has made a big difference! A guy came and laid it all out on Wednesday, then stretched it on Thursday.
The carpet installers, working on the stairs.
Yeah all done!
Extra bedroom all done w/ new carpet!
Carpet done in the master closet.
Steve cleaned behind the old oven (really gross), then our new one got delivered, oh yeah!
The fireplace room w/ carpet too!
Steve went and got our couches and entertainment stand. We are getting closer to moving in, but also he wanted an area Nyles could play. The box in the corner is full of his toys. He was SOOO happy to see them and play w/ them again!
Steve is trying to finish painting the kitchen (just a couple touch up spots), then he's on to the formal living and dining room to paint, then the floors. We're getting really close to being able to move in though.
Nyles wanting to help hammer some nails in the floor and cleaning up w/ his loader. :)
Well, here's to a better week! Hope all is well for everyone. Happy Easter! Such a beautiful message of hope. Because of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, we will all live again after death!
Easter is a time to remember all that Jesus Christ has done for us. It's also a time to consider His simple invitation that has the power to transform us forever: "Come, follow me."










No comments:
Post a Comment