Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy New Year 2016!

Happy New Year!  I can't believe it's 2016.  It has sure come quickly!  I can't believe we're 2 weeks into the New Year already.  Here is what's gone on so far.

First we decided to list our condo!  We figured w/ baby #2 on the way we would like a little more space.  The whole last week of December we were packing up half of our stuff and putting it in Rob's basement, in order to remove some of our clutter.  We just listed last week and have had 2 showings so far.  Here is the listing if you want to look at it.  We are also looking for a house, but no luck so far.  We really like the area we're in so we've been wanting to stay around here if possible.  There are just so many conveniences around this area, plus we love Nyles' preschool and the school district.

Our new shower curtain.

New Year Eve we went to Dave/Joann's for some pizza, then played/visited for a few hours.  We then celebrated the New Year, a little early of course, by counting down and letting Nyles hit on some pots and pans outside (Steve said they used to do that as kids growing up).  Nyles thought it was a lot of fun!

 Nyles bringing in the New Year!


On New Year's Day Steve went fly fishing w/ his dad and Dave Thomas.  The first river they went to was frozen though (Weber), so they drove over to the Provo River instead.  It was really cold, but they still caught a few fish and had a good time.

Frozen Weber River.

Just a little cold outside!

Steve w/ a fish he caught.

 
 Dave giving it a try.

On the 2nd, it was our 7th Anniversary!  Rob came over and watched Nyles while we went out to dinner.  Dave and Joann gave us a gift card to Texas Roadhouse for Christmas, and since Nyles can't be there due to the peanuts, we figured our anniversary would be a good opportunity to go.  It was Saturday night, which we didn't consider since we don't eat out much, so we had to wait an hour to get seated.  Next time we'll definitely call ahead and get reserve seating.  It was a nice to get out and spend some time together though.  It's been a great 7 years so far!  We can't wait for what is to come, and are glad we get to spend Eternity together ;)

Waiting to be seated.

Cookies I made for neighbors for New Years.

I went back to work after the New Year.  Things are going well.  Just taking it one day at a time.  Steve decided to take the semester off.  He's not sure he wants to be a Physician's Assistant anymore.  He's thinking he'd like to go a different route instead.  We're still thinking/praying about it.

Here are some of Nyles' common phrases we hear, which are so cute!
-No, Mom/Dad listen to my words!
-Mom/Dad you are my best friend.
-Oh huggies (hugs), or Me want to give your huggies.
-Me 3.
-Oh, hi Dad/Mom (first thing in the morning when he sees one of us)

Nyles duck hunting w/ Steve.  Steve has been trying to go out a few more times before it's over this weekend.  Nyles thought it was fun to hide under the blanket like a fort he said.

 Nyles and Steve at Denny's.  We went out to eat since our place was being shown.

I'm 18 weeks now w/ this pregnancy.  I've been feeling better for the most part, though still nauseous here and there, but not nearly as bad.  I actually started to feel the baby at 11 weeks!  It's great since I know more what it feels like this time.  I told a coworker the week before Christmas, and didn't tell my boss until last week that I was pregnant.  We announced on Facebook the week of Christmas as well.  We will have our ultrasound this Friday to find out what we're having.  Nyles is pretty excited to have the baby.  He keeps telling people that he is going to be a big brother and that we're having a baby.  He says he's going to share w/ the baby and be really soft.  He even brought me one of his little blankies and said it was for the baby to use so he could be warm.  Nyles likes to put his hand on my belly and will either say, "Oh I feel the baby," or "Why is the baby not moving."  We think he's going to be a big helper when the baby finally does come in June.

The announcement I made and put on Facebook.
This past Saturday we went sledding w/ Pauline, Chris, Charlotte and Ezra.  We went to Mountain View Park (Ft Union Splash Pad), just down the street from us.  Instead of sledding I took some pictures of everyone.  We all had a great time!  After sledding for about an hour, we went over to a the Pizza Pie Cafe and had lunch.  It was a lot of fun.  We'll have to do it again soon!  Here are some pics.
Pauline and Ezra ready to go.

Nyles excited to go.

Now together w/ Charlotte. 

It's a race!


Nyles and Charlotte win!

Steve's turn.  Nyles was so excited!!

Chris and Ezra now.

Pauline and Charlotte.  Charlotte getting a little snow in her face....

Steve working hard to pull Nyles back up the big hill.  
Nyles just enjoying life playing w/ the snow on the way up.


This past Sunday I was asked to talk on "Recognizing Answers to Prayers" by Elder Scott from the October 1989 General Conference.  It was a great talk.  You should watch it and/or read it if you haven't.  Here is a link to both.  It was a great reminder to me to review the many times that the Lord has answered my prayers.  I know the Lord does hear and answers our prayers.  He loves us more than we can comprehend!  

I also taught Sharing Time on Sunday, and taught about searching the scriptures.  It was fun having Nyles in there now.  He started Sunbeams last week and has been doing really well!  There are 2 other boys in his class, both of which are 6 months older than him.  Nyles likes to come over to me and give me a hug and kiss during either Sharing Time or Music Time.  I don't mind of course :)  He's growing up so quickly!  We love him so much!

We're excited for what 2016 has to bring.  I have a feeling we're going to have a few changes, ie new baby, new house, etc, but it's going to be great!  The Lord will guide us.  Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment