Sunday, April 26, 2015

April Showers

The weather sure has been all over the place the past couple weeks.  We've had snow, rain and beautiful sunshine.  No complaining though, since we need the moisture.  Here are a few updates.

April 15, tax day, getting snow.

Me waiting for the train to come, on my way to work

Nyles playing in the snow later that day

April 17.  The weather warmed up a little bit, so Steve wanted to go fishing.  He invited Carrie and Stacie and their kids to come as well.  They had a good time.

Conor and Nyles playing w/ some sticks

Lynsie, Nyles and Conor playing w/ sticks


Steve helping to get their fishing pole ready

April 19.  Steve and Nyles went w/ Dave down to Cabela's to get a few things.  Nyles wanted to pretend to shoot ducks and the skunk.
 


April 20.  Steve bought a new pair of shorts at Walmart and they gave Nyles and free loader.  Nyles was super excited.  Steve then went fishing and Nyles playing w/ his loader in the dirt.  He LOVED that for sure!


April 23.  Nyles was at Joann's for a little bit while Steve went to school and until I got home from work.  Carrie and Lynsie stopped by as well.  Nyles saw the rubber-bands in Lynsie's hair and wanted to have some himself, so Carrie managed to get some in.  It was pretty impressive since we just cut his hair.  I didn't think there was enough hair to even put in a rubber band, but apparently there was.  Nyles thought it was pretty fun.  Carrie told him he looked like a dinosaur.  Nyles thought it was awesome!

Dinosaur hair, silly boy!



April 25.  Steve wanted to get Nyles out of the house, so they drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Silver Lake.  The boardwalk was still covered in snow, but Steve said it was still fun to go up there.  Soon enough it will be hot and it will feel good up there where it is cooler than down in the valley.



Nyles loves any chance he can get to wear his boots.


I've been busy at work.  Since it's been about a year since I started (May 5th), I have a lot of Annual Reviews coming up for my clients.  I've been bringing the reviews forward as I'm speaking to clients now, in an effort to lesson my load in the next few months.  It's been going well so far.  I'll continue to be busy through July actually.

Steve has been busy w/ tests.  He finished up his labs last week, so now he'll be reviewing for his finals in his classes, which will be the first week of May.  We signed up for his Summer and Fall classes as well.  He're hoping to apply for a few PA programs this Summer as well if all goes according to plan.

We were able to go to the temple last Friday.  Rob was kind enough to come sit w/ Nyles.  We had dinner together, then we left.  Rob read Nyles a couple stories, then got him into bed.  Surprisingly Nyles went right down to bed for him.  We were able to attend a session by going a little earlier and having Rob put Nyles to bed.  It was great.  Thanks Rob!  Nyles calls him "Uncle Rob."  It's pretty cute.  Sometimes he says "Bob" instead of Rob, but he's working on it.

Last Sunday we had our neighbors Dave and Melissa Thomas over for dinner.  We cooked up half of one of our hams (we bought a whole pig about a month ago, so we have lots to share).  They will be moving this week, so we wanted to invite them over.  They've been great neighbors.  They've been here the same time we have in our condo.  They sold theirs and bought a house in Woods Cross.  We'll miss them for sure.

We're excited for Summer.  Nyles is looking forward to swimming and just being outside more.  We're going to do a few more updates to our condo, so we'll be ready to sell it, hopefully next year.  We'll also be going to Idaho in June for our Family Reunion.  And I'm sure we'll be going up to the cabin a few times as well.  It should be a fun Summer!

Anna had her baby yesterday.  She was having Pre Clamsia, so they did a C-Section and took the baby.  She was about 34.5 weeks along.  The baby weighed only 2lbs 13oz.  They named him Ayden Blake Coates.  He'll be in the NICU for a while I'm sure.  Anna is doing ok.  Sounds like they had to do a blood transfusion last night as well.  Anna is doing better, but will take a few weeks of course to mend.  We'll keep her and Ayden in our prayers.

I'm thankful for the Gospel and the power of prayer.  I'm grateful we can relisten to and read the General Conference talks as well.  I appreciate the words of the Prophets and all those who spoke during conference.   We are blessed!






No comments:

Post a Comment