March is going by so quickly. I can't believe we're half way already. Before I just into March though, I need to quickly recap the last week of February.
I went to work on Monday the 23rd w/ a little bit of a sore throat, but didn't think much about it. By the afternoon though, my voice was getting raspy and it was hard to talk. When I got off work that evening, I had a hard time speaking. The next morning, my voice was completely gone. Since I had Strep Throat last year, we figured we'd better go to the Dr's just in case I had it again. We went to the Instacare and was tested, but it came up negative. The Dr said I had Laryngitis. He said I shouldn't even whisper, in order to preserve my voice and let it heal.
Well, this lasted for 3 days, so since I work by talking to people on the phone everyday, I definitely couldn't work. Luckily I was able to go in Friday, and made it through a busy day. My voice was a little sore, but it was completely better after the weekend. During the time I was home I studied for my CFP test, enjoyed time w/ Nyles and Steve, and even got our taxes done. We got a nice refund again this year, oh yeah! We'll be adding that to our "PA fund" for Steve.
During my time being home I realized that studying for the CFP was stressing me out (imagine that), and more importantly I felt I would do better if I had more time to study and really learn the material. I feel like I have a general understanding of everything, but not all memorized at this point. So, I withdrew from my test that would be coming up at the end of March, and I'll sign up again when it open up for the July dates. I don't want to take the test just to take it; I really want to do well and pass if of course. After withdrawing, I have felt a weight lifted off of me, and I have been able to get other things done. I'm still studying of course, but not putting in the same amount of time right now. These past couple weeks have been nice to take a breather.
Nyles was helping daddy get the lint off his pants.
Nyles taking a selfie.

Feb 23
Steve entertaining the toddlers.
Conor, Nyles and Lynsie watching "Curious George" on Steve's phone.
London, Nyles, Conor and Lynsie enjoying a sucker at Grandma's house
Feb 25
Nyles pretending to shoot ducks, while out w/ Steve and Zach fishing.
I guess Steve isn't the only one missing duck season. Silly boys :)

Zach caught a fish.
Feb 26
Steve and Nyles at the Aquarium.
Nyles and Lynsie at the Aquarium
Nyles playing at the playground in the Aquarium
Now down the slide
Nyles likes chocolate pretzels

Feb 27
At Applebee's for dinner. Nyles likes to have 2 suckers at once. Silly kid.
Dave and Joann were gone the first week of March to Jamaica with Melanie and their family and Aunt Diane. Brandon's mom Ann and dad Larry also went. Steve dropped off Dave, Joann and Diane at the airport on Friday, February 27th, and picked them back up the following Sunday, the 8th. They all had a good time and enjoyed themselves. While they were gone we each took turns taking dinner over to LuDean and helping w/ a few small chores around the house for her.
We took her dinner Saturday night. I made Missionary Chicken w/ Rice and Molten Lava cake for dessert. Then on Sunday we were going to have our monthly get together, but several of the other kids were sick, so we decided to cancel. Since Carrie and Lynsie weren't sick though and neither were we, we decided to bring dinner over to LuDean's instead. I made taco soup and cornbread, and Carrie made gluten free cupcakes; they were really yummy! We also took her out to eat at Sizzler's the following Saturday. It was fun seeing LuDean each time.
Since Joann was in Jamaica we asked if Carrie could watch Nyles for a couple hours on Tuesday and Thursday until I got off work. Ironically Lynsie got sick that evening, so I rearranged my schedule so I could meet Steve at the train trax in time for him to make it to his class. Oh course the train got in a wreck a couple hours before and they made us get off at 2100 S then put us on a bus and took us down to 3300 S to then get on another trax train. I asked Steve to call our neighbor Melissa if she could watch Nyles for 30 minutes until I got home, but she had just put her little boy down for a nap. Other times it would have been fine, but Nyles was a wiggle worm that day and we didn't want him to wake the baby up. It took me an hour by the time I got off the train, so Steve was late to his first class. He asked someone in his class to take notes for him though so he wouldn't miss anything. On Thursday, Lynsie was still a little sick, so I rearranged my schedule again and was able to meet Steve on time this time. It sure is funny when things just don't work out the way you want them too.
March comes in like a lion out like a lamb. That sure has been true so far. The weather has been cold the first couple weeks, we even got more snow.
March 3
Snowing downtown at Gateway.
March 5
Nyles showing me his drawing skills
March 6
More fishing at the pond
Steve helpling Nyles brush his teeth before bedtime
Saturday, March 7th, Steve went with Zach up to Strawberry Reservoir to go ice fishing again. Since we got more snow and the temperatures dropped again, the ice froze more and fishing was great! They had an excellent time and caught LOTS of fish! They had a great time to say the least.
Zach and Jesse ice fishing at Strawberry. Jesse was so excited to see the fish come out of the hole, he would try to bit them as they came up.
Zach w/ a nice Rainbow
Steve enjoying the sunny weather.
March 9
Nyles w/ his Jamaican soccer ball from Aunt Diane
As I mentioned Steve has been having trouble sleeping. He finally got into the Dr last week. He asked him several questions and said they'll get back to us later this week. The next step will be to do the sleep study.
March 12
Nyles reading Steve's "Duck Unlimited" magazine.
Steve and Nyles watching "Planes" movie
This past Saturday, March 14th, Dave wanted to go ice fishing w/ Steve, since he had such a great time the week before. They left that morning after picking up Rob and Chandler as well. The fishing was ok, but apparently not as "hot" as last time. They had a good time though.
Rob caught a fish, Chandler reeling one in.
Dave and Chandler trying to get their poles set up
Steve enjoying another sunny day ice fishing
While they were gone, Nyles and I had a fun time cleaning and playing. We set up a Monster Truck ramp. He thought it was a lot of fun.
We were going to go to the temple Friday night, but ironically Rob locked his keys in his house, so we said not to worry about it and we would reschedule for Saturday. He said that would work, but didn't realize that his family had a get together planned that evening. So, we're planning to go this week instead. Kinda funny again, how things didn't work out. Oh well.
Cute little Nyles all ready for church and Nursery. He really enjoys it!
His new favorite Primary song is "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree."
He likes us to sing that a few times before going to bed.
He likes us to sing that a few times before going to bed.
Yesterday, we had a surprise birthday party for Joann's 60th birthday party. Luckily we were able to pull it off, and she was completely surprised. Everything worked out well and we all had a great time together. The weather was pretty good as well, so the kids were able to go outside and play most of the time. We had a steak dinner for her, and had the theme of "The Giving Tree," since she's always thinking of others before herself. We love you Joann! ;)
While at the store w/ Steve today, Nyles saw these flowers and said they had to get them for me. Such a cutie!
Nyles just fishing w/ daddy today. Like father like son ;)






























No comments:
Post a Comment