Sunday, February 8, 2015

February Fun

February is here and I'm so glad! The sun has been shinning more and the weather has been nice and warm.   Here is some of the fun we've had so far.

Nyles playing w/ play dough and his loader

Nyles playing at the playground w/ his tractor swinging next to him

I made some pumpkin ginger bread w/ my mom's pumpkin and apple sauce, yumm :)

This past week Steve took me to work, then while getting gas at Costco in Murray next to IMC (Intermoutain Medical Center) a medical helicopter landed.  Steve walked over to take a closer look w/ Nyles, and the pilot actually told him they could come over and take an even closer look.  They let Nyles get inside too.  Nyles loved it!!! 

Nyles inside the helicopter

Nyles w/ the pilot

Steve and Nyles w/ the helicopter

On Thursday, Carrie watched Nyles while Steve went to class since Joann wasn't feeling well.  She decided to take him and Lynsie up to the Zoo.  Needless to say they had a GREAT time!  Thanks Carrie; we really appreciate it!

Nyles and Carrie

Lynsie and Nyles at the Zoo

Nyles helping Lynsie know where to go

Polar Bear






A tiger

Last Friday as I was getting out of the shower and I somehow hurt my neck.  It was still hurting pretty bad after work, so we went to see the chiropractor just before they closed that night.  It helped, but I was still sore the whole weekend.  I iced it and took Ibuprofen to help w/ the pain.  I went back Monday morning as well, and again this past Friday.  They took xrays to see if there was any damage.  They noticed that my vertebrae are twisted slightly, not lining up correctly.  The chiropractor said this would have happened before, meaning not just from ringing out my hair in the shower.  After thinking about it, we figured it very likely happened from the car accident, which was over 10 years ago.  He said as long as we stay up on it, it shouldn't be a big problem down the road.   It's been feeling a LOT better after getting it adjusted, thankfully.

After getting adjusted on Friday, we went out to eat at Red Robin's for my birthday (free birthday burger).  Zach and Erin were planning to go as well, so we met them there and had dinner together.  It was fun to be out and socialize a little.  Nyles enjoying himself too and helped eat half my burger.

The next morning we went to IHOP for breakfast (free birthday breakfast).  After we got done we went to the church so I could print out some stuff for Primary Sharing Time, and Steve cleaned up the clerk's office.  We then came home.  Since it was Saturday, we like to change the sheets.  Steve was planning to go up w/ Dave to look at the cabin, but I figured Steve could help for a few minutes before he needed to leave.  So Steve helped me change the sheets, then gathered his stuff up and headed up to his parent's house to get a few ice fishing things, in case they had time to fish.

A little while later I got a call from Joann asking me if I'd heard from Steve, I said no.  She said she had just talked to him and asked him to go help LuDean who had fallen.  I guess Joann was trying to get a hold of LuDean for a while but she wasn't answering.  Finally LuDean called Joann and told her that she had fallen.  Joann then called Steve, who just happened to be coming up on her exit.  Joann asked him to exit and go over and check on her.  When Steve got there he helped her get up then did a quick exam to make sure she was ok.  When she had fallen, her glasses cut her eye a little, but that appeared to be the only injury.  He then helped her get some thing to eat, use the bathroom and get situated.  Diane and Dave were up w/the Lakes in Midway getting certified for scuba diving.  As Steve left, Diane was on her way home.  Joann pointed out that it was good I asked Steve to help out for a few minutes in that he was able to be at the right place at the right time, otherwise he would have been half way up the canyon.  I'm thankful things worked out the way they did in that LuDean wasn't hurt much and Steve was able to be there to help her.

Steve then met Dave up in Heber, then went on up to the cabin to see what the snow amounts looked like.  They could have actually driven into the gate, but they walked it to make sure they wouldn't get stuck.  They then walked the rest of the way in to see what it looked like around the cabin.  While they were there they decided to shovel out the snow on the deck and on the sidewalk, so it would be ready for this next weekend when we all go up.;)

Dave shoveling out the snow

There is some snow at the cabin, but not as much as there usually is this time of year.

 Uncovering the sidewalk.  It's nice to have the sidewalk now so you can go down to the garage w/out getting as muddy from the snow.

Not much snow below the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment