Here are a few more pictures from Dave's Mustache Birthday Party:
Cute little Nyles
Steve and I sporting our mustaches
The family together for Dave's surprise birthday party
On Tuesday, November 11th we had a Relief Society meeting. We made these banners that say "Let it Snow." It was fun to associate w/ the sisters in the branch, especially since I don't see as many of them anymore since I'm in Primary.
It fit perfectly on our fireplace. :)
On Thursday, November 13th, Steve left up to Wendell, Idaho w/ his dad Dave and friend Zach Hannay. It was snowing that day and was supposed to through the weekend, but they had planned this trip the whole year to go, so off then went. They had planned to go after Steve's evening class was over at about 7pm, but ironically his class was cancelled and they were able to leave at about 2pm. Joann watched Nyles at her place until I got off work and picked him up. They got there that night, but had to go rather slow due to the road conditions, mostly on the Idaho side.
The next morning they hunted the Geese w/ Emily's husband Ben Anderson. Though they thought the weather was perfect for hunting, they only got a few that day.
Dave hiding in the blind
While Steve was out playing in Idaho, I decided to go down and visit Eve in Provo. She is due w/ her second girl any day now. Nyles and Breanna had a good time playing w/ each other and sharing snacks. It was fun to catch up w/ Eve and what they're up to.
Nyles and Breanna
Petting the kitty
The next day, Saturday, though the weather wasn't what they thought would be ideal for Geese, they shot a LOT of them! My dad came down this time and Ben's dad, and they got 19 geese in 4 hrs. Needless to say they had a lot of fun and felt the trip was definitely worth it. They headed back that afternoon after getting that many Geese. In case you're wondering what they're going to do w/ that much meat, they're planning to turn it into jerky. Dave and Steve cleaned up the meat the next day, so when we go up for Thanksgiving this week we're going to take it and my dad is going to help Steve make it into jerky.
Steve, Zach and Dave as happy as can be w/ their geese hunt!

Nyles just chilling w/ his legs under the coach
That Sunday I did sharing time in Primary. I taught about the Anti-Lehi-Nephites and how they repented and decided not to fight anymore. Instead of just telling them the story, we watched the story on Steve's iPad from the Gospel Library of the Book of Mormon Stories (they animate it a little but not literally, but it's still more exciting than just listening to me). Nyles loves watching the scriptures this way too, so I figured they would as well, which they did. The kids really liked it and wanted to sit down on the floor next to me to watch it.
After church we took a little nap, then came back for tithing settlement. This year we've only been paying our fast offerings and other offerings to the branch since we're using the Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund to pay tithing. It's a pretty cool thing. When I put a certain amount in the gift fund, Fidelity will match a portion, which I can then use for other charitable donations (not tithing of course). I started it last December and w/ the match ie free money, I've been able to use it for the Utah Food Bank and Primary Children's Hospital. Pretty awesome huh? I want to also contribute to schools/Universities that Steve and I went to. I believe in giving back, even if it's just a little compared to others.
Nyles writing on the white board as we wait to go into tithing settlement.
Today we got some more snow again. I guess we are done with Fall and are into Winter now. Not much we can do about that though. Steve is excited to have it be Winter, it also might be because his birthday is coming up this week!
This week I had my final class for CPA. We had three days of review and instruction on how to complete our final project. They give us a couple w/ all their financial info and goals and we have to come up w/ a plan for them to achieve their goals, like educational and retirement saving goals. It should be good, but they said most people need 25-40 hours to put it together. Everything is due by December 23rd, but I'd like to get it done sooner if possible. I'd like to get started this week and get it done asap. We have to get at least an 80% to pass the class.
Steve is getting close to finishing his classes as well. He finished Physiology lab this week and next week he'll finish his Anatomy Lab. Then he will have his finals for each class in the first couple weeks of December. He's getting excited to finish it. On Tuesday and Thursday he also watched Sophia after class until about 2:30-3pm while Rose took a training class here in SLC.
Last night we went to the Hunger Games movie called MockingJay w/ most of Steve's family, Dave, Joann, Kim, Jeff, Melanie, Brandon, Chandler his friend, and Rob. They are splitting it up into 2 movies of course, so it left us hanging. Luckily we've all read the books so we know what should happen. We asked Zach and Erin to come watch Nyles so we could go. The movie was at 5:20pm so we left around 5pm. Erin's sister has kids so she's used to watching. They even put Nyles to bed! Ironically that is the first time we've had someone put Nyles to bed. Usually we put him to bed then leave. It's good to know he will go down for others as well.
Today I got to play the piano for Primary since our other 2 sisters were gone. I haven't played/practiced since I was put in as the Relief Society President 4 years ago. It was nice to play again ;) We are practicing 2 Christmas songs, "Away in a Manager" and "Silent Night." The kids are learning them really well, all 6 of them ;)
It was nice having time off work the week before. I only work Monday and Tuesday this week, and will have the rest off for Thanksgiving. We're going to be going up to Idaho. Barbara has offered to host it at her place in Boise. All 7 of us kids should be there. It should be fun! I then work 3 weeks in December and have the last 2 weeks off of the year, oh yeah! I'm definitely looking forward to that as well.
Happy Thanksgiving this week!!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment