Sunday, August 17, 2014

Family Adventures

Here are a few family adventures we've had recently.

We went up to Silver Lake for another Sunday drive, and to get out of the heat.  We actually saw a Moose at the edge of the water just eating away.  It then walked across the boardwalk and kept on its way.



 Nyles and Steve

 We had family dinner up in Centerville.  Stacie and Phil then had us video them getting water poured on them for cancer research in the UK.  The kids thought it was pretty funny. 

We also sang Happy Birthday to Nyles

He, along w/ all the other kids, really liked the frosting :)


Last week Steve wanted to get out of the heat again and took Joann and Nyles back up to Silver Lake.  They had a little picnic and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.



Nyles watching the bird and eating a SunButter sandwhich.

At Ali's baptism on August 2nd.   We had lunch afterwards at the church, then went back to Rose's.  We put Nyles and Ezra down for a nap and visited while they slept.  It was great!

Me, Steve, Chris, Nyles, Charlotte, Pauline, Ezra, Mom, Ali, Rose, Sophia, Summer, Ava and Dad. 

Since I worked on Nyles birthday, I got off early the day after and we went to the Living Aquarium together.  Nyles loves fish and always enjoying going to see them.  It was a good time.  We stopped at Costco on our way home them went swimming.  We went swimming Saturday also after running errands.  It was a lot of fun.  Steve went fly fishing w/ 2 guys in the branch Friday so Melissa Thomas and I hung out (Dave's wife).  I got to hold their baby Calvin the whole time, he's almost 2 months old now, so cute!

Nyles also loves trucks and wants to wear truck shirts everyday.  We stopped by at Savers and I found two for a buck each.  He's been wanting to wear them ever since.  Rose also found a couple truck shirts online and mailed them to us.  We got them yesterday so he had to wear one today.  Silly kid.

Steve and Nyles by the shark tank w/ his truck shirt



The Utah fish


Riding a Whale


This Saturday the 16th we had our Fidelity BBQ.  We did the 5k in the morning w/ Nyles in the stroller, walking fast.  We did half of it then Nyles was done.  Nyles really liked the bouncy house though.  They also had a "Scales and Tails" show which was fun to see the reptiles.  Then we had lunch and took Nyles home for a nap.  He was exhausted by the time we got back. 

5k

Nyles enjoying the bouncy house





I also finished up my tax class the night before Steve took his final on the 5th.  It wasn't an easy class but the time I put into it studying and readying while on vacation definitely paid off.  I'm glad to have that one over with for sure!  I'll start the retirement planning section next Monday.  I'm not sure if I mentioned this but I got released as the 2nd counselor and sustained as the 1st counselor a month ago after our 2nd counselor moved.  Things have been going well for the most part in Primary and Nursery which I'm over.  I'm really enjoying being able to teach the children.  It's definitely a learning experience but a good one.  We also made it to the temple Wednesday night.  After putting Nyles to bed Rob came and sat at the house so we could go.  We had a great session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment