Nyles and Steve excited to look at the monuments
Reading a description on a monument
"This is the Place"
A picture showing the pioneers who came West
The Salt Lake Valley
The whole monument.
There were others around the perimeter as well which we read/looked at.
In addition to the opportunity to see the monuments and read about the pioneers, I've also had some other experiences lately which has strengthened by faith in the Savior and in the Gospel. These past few weeks at church I have felt the Spirit witness very strongly to me that what I was learning/hearing was true. There have been a few things going on in our lives which have caused me to search deeper and having Nyles in Nursery has helped me be able to focus better. I have really come to enjoy and savor those special moments, most while in church in either Sunday School or Relief Society. The Spirit bore testimony to me that this is His Gospel and His Church. A few lessons which we've had lately on prophets and family have really struck me. I know this is the only church with the fullness of His Gospel. I know we have a living prophet today who leads and guides us and receives direction from the Lord for us. I know families can be together forever through the ordinances and covenants we make, particularly those we make in the temples. I know this to be true, not by any one else telling me, but by the Spirit of the Lord testifying it to me and gaining a testimony of it myself. I know "This is the Place" to find true happiness and joy in this life. I feel so blessed to know this.
After going to the monument, we wanted to stop at a park for Nyles. Liberty Park was packed, so we went down to Anzac Park closer to us and played on the swings/slides. There were a LOT of people out and about that afternoon since it was the first day of DayLight Savings so the sun was shinning longer and it was fairly warm outside. After a while though we knew Nyles was tired and ready for bed. Nyles was having such a great time he didn't want to leave though.
No comments:
Post a Comment