Snowing at work today, at the Gateway
February 28th--I went w/ my 2nd counselor and we went and visited 3 new mothers in our branch. We had one baby born in December and two at the end of January. We also just had another born 2 weeks ago and one this week. All boys too! Plus we have 2 more boys due in May. Fun, fun!
Nyles showing off his cuteness
Caught in the act of eating his sock
Saturday, March 2nd-We finally finished our taxes online. It's nice to have them done, though ironically I received a corrected tax form two days later so I'll need to amend them. Luckily it will result in more money back. It's nice to add more to our savings that's for sure. After doing some cleaning around the house we went grocery shopping together at Macey's, and made a meal for a sister in our branch. I had an impression to text her a few days before to see how she was doing. She was recently divorced and has a nine year old girl Ava. She was actually in need of some help and was very grateful I text her. She said she wasn't sure who to turn to or ask for help. She is struggling financially, so I had our compassionate service leader organize some meals for her since she couldn't meet w/ the Branch President for a couple days nor get a food order. She was out late on Saturday but we dropped off a meal for her. Her and her daughter are coming to church now. They also met w/ the missionaries and are working towards getting Ava baptized.
Grocery shopping at Macey's
He loves daddy's sunglasses...usually just to slobber on though ;)
Sunday, March 3rd--I gave the lesson in Relief Society. I used President Monson's talk from Priesthood session about treating others as they may become. I think it went really well. We had good participation. I had a quick slide show of some people from around the world and their different cultures (including tatoos, piercings, cigarettes, etc) and just had them look at the pictures. We then discusses what they have in common...they're all children of God. I also had us watch a few minutes of "Uncle Ben" when he talked about that he believes we can change and that God included all of us in that statement. If we all treated each other knowing our full potential, we'd definitely live in a different world than we do now.
After church we went up to Dave/Joann's house and had dinner w/ Stacie/Phill's family and Rob. Rob was there watching their place and tending their dog Bailey while they were on vacation.
Conor decided to share his apple w/ Nyles; Cute little cousins.
Thursday, March 7th—we
put Nyles to bed a little early, then had Rob come over and sit at the
house while we went out. Our neighbor Melissa was having her birthday
party at a skating
rink. It was fun to have a little “date night” and get out together.
It was fun skating/roller blading and visiting others from the branch.
We stopped and got a Slurpee on the way home and got Rob a large soda.
Monday, March 11th—I decided to take the day off. Since I had it off we decided to go the chiropractor, both Steve and I needed an adjustment. We then took Nyles to the Dr to do a weight check. He didn’t gain much last time so they just wanted to make sure he was coming back up. Luckily he had almost gained a pound in the last month so they said just keep going what we’re doing.
He enjoys sucking on his fingers/hands now too
He loves Steve's watch
He's good at rolling over onto his belly, but cant' get back over quite yet
Tuesday, March 12th--Nyles is officially 7 months old. He is such a joy to us and makes us smile every day. We are so blessed to have him in our family. Every night before we go to bed we go check on him and make sure he’s doing ok. We then say, “Oh he’s so cute!” He cracks us up with his little mannerism. So cute!
He's getting so big now
Still loves to eat his toes
Oooh such an interesting watch
Nyles loves to spend time in his bouncy saucer just bouncing and playing with the toys. He is now very consistent on rolling over. He loves to go from his back to his belly and play for a while, but hasn’t quite figured out how to roll back from his belly. He also likes to make funny noises with his mouth, like farting noises. Every day when I get home from work he reaches out to me to give me a hug per say and then puts his mouth on my cheek and kinda slobbers on me…I guess it’s his attempt at giving me kisses. He doesn’t really do this to Steve though, I think because he has whiskers on his cheeks.
Nyles enjoying his bouncy saucer...He just loves to bounce, bounce, bounce
Shopping at Costco w/ Grandma McGrath
Thursday, March 14th—Steve and I were able to go to the temple. We had our neighbors Dave/Melissa come over after we put Nyles to bed. We were planning to go to Jordan River to do a session, but after stopping to get a bite to eat we were going down 13th East and missed our turn. So since we were now headed towards the Draper temple we decided to just go there and do initiatories since they don’t have rental clothes. It’s so nice/convenient to have so many temples close by to choose from. It was really nice to go to Draper since we haven’t been there in a while. Initiatories were also slow, so I’m glad we decided to do that and help in that way. Since we went through pretty quick, we then stopped at Dairy Queen and got a blizzard. They have a special right now where you buy one and get one for .99.
Friday, March 15th—Steve took Nyles w/ the canyon w/ Zach. I guess he fell asleep along the way, so Steve and Zach took the opportunity to do a little fly fishing.
Steve taking Nyles fishing ;)
I also made Nyles some baby
food this last week. So far we’ve made carrots, bananas, sweet potatoes
and avocados. He’s been a little picky about them, but after watering
them down a great deal he’s done a lot better.
I guess the texture just wasn’t right to him. I’m sure that’ll change
in time. He really likes bananas and peaches. I've been mixing some fruits with his veggies and he's been just happy to eat them as well.
Friday, March 15th—after work we had my mission companion Britney Graham and her husband Joe come over. We finished putting Nyles to bed then the boys went and got Café Rio for Britney and I and pizza for them. We then just hung out and got caught up. They are expecting their first baby, a boy, in about 6-7 weeks. They are also trying to buy their first home, which is causing a little stress but hopefully will be worth it.
Saturday, March 16th—Steve
went to help his brother Jeff move the last few things to their storage
unit and the rest to Dave/Joann’s house where they’ll be staying until
mid-July when
their new house is done being built. It was nice outside so Nyles and I
went on a walk to the nearby stores. It was fun and so nice to be
outside in the sun! When Steve got home we played Bocce w/ our
neighbors Dave/Melissa. For dinner I made tin foil dinners,
and then since I was slicing things I decided to make an apple pie w/
crumb topping for Steve. Steve said I could make him an apple pie any
time I wanted ;)
Nyles showing off his jumping skills in his cute shorts :)
Such a cutie!
My two cuties!
Sunday, March 17th—Nyles slept in after I fed him at 6am, so naturally we got to sleep in too. It was really nice needless to say. I then had our Branch Council Meeting at 9:30am. Steve met me at the church an hour later so I could feed him before sacrament started. Church went well. We then went over to LuDean’s house for dinner w/ most of Steve’s family. It was fun to see everyone.
Nyles love to chew on his binki
Monday, March 18th—stayed
home from work, wasn’t feeling well in morning but then started feeling
better. Nyles went back to bed til 9 after I fed him at 6am, so we got
to sleep in which
was nice. Went for a walk to some stores close by then Steve took the
Jeep up to get the oil changed. I then met him up there and we went to
Joann’s house to give her her birthday card, but somehow it fell out as I
was leaving the house w/ Nyles in the stroller.
So, we’ll just have to stop by again ;) We
then came back and played Bocce for a little while since Nyles fell
asleep on the way home. I then fed Nyles and we went out to Red Robin
for dinner. He was just happy and content sitting
there, which was great. He was pretty tired by the time we got home so
we started getting him ready. He’s been doing pretty good w/ solids,
but has only liked bananas lately. So I went ahead and mixed them
together (bananas, carrots and sweet potatoes) and
he ate them just fine. I guess I’ll just have to sneak his veggies in
;) After feeding he took a bath, nursed him and he went right down. He
was so tired.
Yesterday Steve picked me up at work then we went over to Chuck-o-rama. He picked me up in the Jeep since our Corolla had a flat tire. and met Dave, Joann, Stacie and her kids, and Kim and her kids (Phill and Jeff went to take pictures over night). We had dinner together then went back to Dave and Joann's to watch "The Hobbit." Kim had her kids to bed by the time we got there (they're living w/ Dave/Joann now until their house is built). I brought Joann back w/ me while Steve went w/ Dave to pick up the Corolla at the trax station. We then gave Nyles a bath and then put him down to bed in a pack-n-play. Zach Hannay also came over and watched. It was fun, but a little long (3 hours), so it was pretty late by the time we got home and we were rather tired. It was still a fun evening though!
Steve had Spring Break this week also, so it's been nice to have him home at night. We've been able to go on walks when I get home from work and actually have dinner together. I know him taking night classes is only temporary, but I'll be glad when he's done with them.
We'll we're getting excited to come up to my parent's place for Easter next weekend. I've got a couple days off so we'll enjoy having more time up there. Have a great week until then!
Oh so tired ;)
Yesterday Steve picked me up at work then we went over to Chuck-o-rama. He picked me up in the Jeep since our Corolla had a flat tire. and met Dave, Joann, Stacie and her kids, and Kim and her kids (Phill and Jeff went to take pictures over night). We had dinner together then went back to Dave and Joann's to watch "The Hobbit." Kim had her kids to bed by the time we got there (they're living w/ Dave/Joann now until their house is built). I brought Joann back w/ me while Steve went w/ Dave to pick up the Corolla at the trax station. We then gave Nyles a bath and then put him down to bed in a pack-n-play. Zach Hannay also came over and watched. It was fun, but a little long (3 hours), so it was pretty late by the time we got home and we were rather tired. It was still a fun evening though!
Steve had Spring Break this week also, so it's been nice to have him home at night. We've been able to go on walks when I get home from work and actually have dinner together. I know him taking night classes is only temporary, but I'll be glad when he's done with them.
We'll we're getting excited to come up to my parent's place for Easter next weekend. I've got a couple days off so we'll enjoy having more time up there. Have a great week until then!

























No comments:
Post a Comment