Man this Summer is just flying by, and yet it's going slow. Either way I need to do a quick update, starting w/ the last couple days in June.
On Thursday June 28th I had a baby shower with my mom’s sisters
at my Aunt Sherri’s. I rode the train down to 2100 South then Steve
picked me up. No one was there yet so we went and got a burger for
dinner. When we got
back Pauline was there, then Rose showed up, then my parents. They
actually drove down that day and went and visited Rose and the girls for
a while. My Aunt Roseanne showed up a ½ hr later but the rest of the
aunts/cousins didn’t show up for another hr after
it started. We of course decided to wait for them before playing any of
the games. We had treats then opened gifts. Steve, my dad and Uncle
Stephen were upstairs watching a movie, and then came down for snacks.
It was fun and I’m thankful for the gifts
I received, there were great! Thanks for organizing it Pauline, Rose
and Mom! Since we started late we left kinda late as well. My parents
stayed there that night so they could be closer to Bountiful for the
funeral the next morning (for my Grandpa Hegerhorst’s
brother Fred, he was 92).
Baby Nyles....he's getting so big!
Tadah!!! Some cute decor that Pauline made
Playing some games
Ava spelled out Nyles name ;)
Playing w/ the miniature hamsters while waiting for others to arrive
Cute napkins
Ava, Ali and I
Me, Mom and Rose
More cute decor Pauline made, 31 weeks
Another belly shot ;)
On Friday Steve went and
picked my dad up after the funeral w/ Rob then headed out the cabin.
Steve’s dad and mom were on their way back from Moab so they stopped in
too. They picked up some lunch stuff in Heber on the way then got the
boat and went
out fishing. My dad was really enjoying himself so they stayed out on
the boat until it was dark. Steve said he still had his line in the
water as they were getting into the dock (silly dad). I guess they
stayed up late watching a movie too.
Dad enjoying trolling
Dad and Rob having a good time
Dad cleaning the fish...they caught a lot
Dad showing off his fish he caught
After work my mom picked me
up and we headed down to Riverton to pick up a baby changing
station/dresser. I saw it on KSL that afternoon and it was exactly what
I was looking for, plus it was already stained the espresso color which
would match our crib
perfectly. When we got there it was already wrapped up ready to go. We
couldn’t look in the drawers but she told us they were all working. My
mom and she loaded it into my mom’s car (it was heavy so I felt bad I
couldn’t help). One the way back we got a
frozen yogurt at Maverick, then went and picked up pizza for dinner. My
mom’s sister Connie called us a little after that and said she had a
changing pad and covers for me. She dropped them off at Sherri’s house
so we ran up there and got it, then stopped
and got some groceries before heading home.
Our new changing station/dresser plus changing pad...yeah!
On Saturday the 30th,
my mom and I slept in a little then I made chocolate muffins for
breakfast. Steve and my dad got home just in time to get changed and go
to my graduation. They unloaded the changing station first though. It
fit perfectly in the
room, w/ the changing pad and matched well w/ the crib, yeah! We then
went down to South Jordan to where the graduation was being held.
Steve’s parents met us there also and Rose and her boyfriend Darren.
Thankfully it didn’t last too long so we were in
and out w/in an hour or so.
Steve and I at graduation
Joann, Me and Mom
All graduated!
Dave, Joann, Steve, Me, Mom, Dad and Rose at graduation
Steve and I w/ diploma
Can't forget baby Nyles was there too ;)
We then all headed over to
Golden Coral for lunch; they even had a chocolate fountain and cotton
candy, yeah! Steve’s parents had to go after that, so the rest of us
went over to our place and played a game and visited. Rose and Darren
then left and
we decided to head up the canyon. Steve wanted to show my dad how to
fly fish, so since we had a couple hours we figured why not, plus it was
cooler up in the canyon. I think my dad enjoyed it, I know Steve
definitely did. We spent a couple hours up there,
then headed back so my parents could change and go to a reception for
one of my dad’s cousin’s kids. Since it was really hot Steve and I
decided to go swimming then took it easy until my parents came back.
Cotton candy yeah!
Dad all suited up and ready to go fly fishing
Dad and Steve
They caught one!
Dad learning the technique
Trying to find the right fly
Dad trying again further up stream
Sunday morning for breakfast I made my
dad some eggs and hash browns while my mom had some chocolate muffins.
My parents then headed home, but were going to stop in Jerome for a baby
blessing. They had quite the “adventure” while here and plenty of
activities to keep
them busy if you couldn't tell. They definitely had an eventful weekend to say the least. It was fun having them though. Even if it was quick I’m
glad they could make it down and celebrate w/ us ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment