Can you believe that June is already here? May went by so quickly. I'm wondering if the Summer is going to go as quickly. On one had were excited for the end of Summer to get here in that we'll be able to finally meet Nyles, yet on the other hand we've got lots to do before he gets here. So in the meantime we are just going to take one day at a time and enjoy it the best we can. Here is a quick update of what we've been up to this past week or so.
Tuesday the 22nd I had home/visiting teaching meeting to go over June's assignments. We didn't have too many changes this month thankfully, but unfortunately it seems more people are moving out then moving in. Summer is just starting so we're hoping we'll have more move in soon. Wednesday my 1st counselor and I went and visited Megan and her new baby boy; they're both doing great.
On Thursday the 24th we ended up having a little "date night" per say. We had home teaching at 7pm, so we hurried over to Red Robin and got a burger. I had a free coupon for an appetizer so that was nice. My burger was cold so I asked to warm it up, but instead they got me a new one. Surprisingly they actually took it off our bill also, which was really nice of them. We then went over and visited Rich for home teaching. It was good to visit w/ him. I then wanted to get some popsicles so we went to Macey's and got a couple bags, on sale that week of course. While we were there we both got a boysenberry frozen yogurt, yumm! I had a free redbox code also so we picked up a movie. We went home and started it, but I got tired so I just told Steve he could finish it and return it the next day. It was a fun evening though!
On Friday the 25th we decided to go to the temple. Rose was coming down also to drop off the girls, so we decided to all go together. Steve and I stopped and picked up a sandwich at Arby's on the way, then met Rose at the Target in Sandy. She then helped me get my baby register started (thanks Rose!). We then headed over to the Jordan River Temple and did initiatories. It's always a great feeling to go to the temple and help others have the opportunity to make covenants. We then headed back to our place and had ice cream and talked. Rose had things to do the next day so made her way home.
Over Memorial Day weekend we played it pretty low key. Steve wasn't feeling the best and we hadn't been home over a weekend since our trip to Hawaii so we thought this would be a great time to play catch up (and the weather wasn't that great either so it was a good excuse to be inside). The first thing we tackled was our backroom. Since Steve had finished painting the room we still needed to declutter some. So we went through and got rid of some things and rearranged things in order to make room for little Nyles. Though we still have most of our food storage in his closet we now have more room to put his things in there. Steve didn't make it to church on Sunday since he wasn't feeling well, but he was able to get some sleep. After cleaning the house some more on Monday we went and picked up some flowers at Home Depot. It was rather busy there as you can imagine but we found some pretty flowers to plant in our pots.
New flowers planted
Steve still has his cough, and of course shared w/ me. Thankfully I don't think I have it as bad as him though. Steve's been busy w/ school this past week and has had many assignments due already. I guess that's the fun of Summer Semesters in that it goes quickly but there's a lot to do in the process.
On Thursday morning we went to my Dr appt. I had to take the glucose test, which thankfully I passed just fine. My iron was a little low but the Dr wasn't worried. He just said if I'm feeling more tired lately that I can take iron supplements in addition to my prenatals. I actually have felt a little more tired this past week, so I started adding the iron w/ my prenatals now. They seem to be helping. I also had to get the RhoGam shot just to take precaution in case Nyles is a positive blood type (since I'm a negative blood type, RH negative factor they call it). They'll test him as soon as he's born and if he is positive they'll give me another dose of it then so my body doesn't form antibodies and try and fight off our next baby potentially. Since my throat was a little sore the Dr suggested I do a strep test, so w/ the encouragement of Steve of course I decided to do that also. It came back negative but at least we now it's not that serious. Other than all the tests things are looking good. Despite what I feel like and what I think I look like, I actually haven't gained very much weight, according to the scale. He's definitely growing though. I feel him ALL the time, which is good and reassuring. The Dr said his head is actually facing down already and he thinks he's about 3 lbs right now. I just hope he doesn't get "too big" in that Steve was 9 lbs when he was born, yikes!
After work that night we had the Elders over for dinner. I think I mentioned this before, but Elder Borut Lakner is now serving in our Stake. He is from Celje, Slovenia from where I served, my mission that is. He's been out 14 months now and is doing great! He's actually a zone leader here. It was fun to visit w/ him and the other Elder. Elder Obata is from Brazil and served in our area a little bit ago and was on splits w/ Elder Lakner. We decided to feed them Hawaiian Haystacks, since we just visited there...even though they are technically not from Hawaii. They both had seconds so I think they liked them. We then had root-beer floats for dessert, Steve's suggestion. The hour went quickly but hopefully we'll be seeing Elder Lakner around more and more.
Me, Steve, Elder Borut Lakner, and Elder Obata
Friday I had work as usually, and Steve decided to go shadow a PA, his friend Duane Bates. He was there from 11am-9pm. He's supposed to get so many hours in, in order to complete his final project of his degree so he's trying to get that done. He also applied to graduate for the Fall Semester and everything looks good there. They don't do a Fall ceremony though so he won't walk until Spring 2013, which is fine w/ us. While Steve was gone Friday I just got some grocery shopping done.
Saturday morning Steve went and helped his brother Jeff get some wood for a fence at Home Depot. While he was gone I worked on my lesson a little and cleaned up at home. We then went over to our branch BBQ. It was fun. I brought strawberries; which were a hit! Steve then ran over to help his take down his grandma's Christmas lights while I finished cleaning and doing laundry. He then had some homework to submit online, then we headed down to mom's parent's 65 anniversary celebration. We got there just in time for the dinner and program. I brought more strawberries which were a hit again! We stayed for a couple hours, then I needed to head home to finish up my RS lesson. After it was over mom came up to our place and stayed the night. Luckily we had our backroom cleaned up and ready so she had a place to sleep. It was good visiting w/ her some more :)
Mom came w/ us to church today but had to leave right after at noon. She got to listen to my lesson though, so that was neat. I used Elder Hallstroms's talk from conference called "Converted to His Gospel through His Church." You can go here to listen or read it. I think it went well. I then came home for a few minutes to get mom loaded up and on her way, then went back to the church for my RS meeting w/ my counselors.
Well I hope all is well for you all. Have a great week and keep us posted. Love ya lots! ;)
27 weeks, 3rd trimester here we come ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment