Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Updates

I can't believe March is more than half way over; it's going quick. There's a lot of fun things I'm looking forward to though, so in a way I'm kindof glad.

First, this week I'll be 1/2 way done w/ my class which is fantastic! It's going quickly thankfully. I just have my big project to work on and get done in the next couple weeks not to mention my midterm this week. Thankfully for the project my teacher has allowed me to use our decision of going to PA school, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Second, we're also going to find out what we're having in about 2 weeks, on Tuesday April 3rd, just before Easter. We're then planning to go up to my parents that weekend to spend some time w/ them.

Third, our trip to Hawaii is getting closer as well, in about 6 weeks. Steve and I will both be done w/ our school before we leave (at least for Steve until summer starts), so we can really relax and enjoy our trip. That also means that my campaign at work is getting closer to being done so I'll be happy about that as well.

Here's a couple other quick updates from the past couple weeks.

On Sunday the 4th, after church, we got together and had our "International Night." It was really fun. We had each family bring a food from another country and then tell some things about it. Dave and Joann did a great job of putting it together. We even got to load up on a "plane" and get passports w/ stamps from each country. We tried food from Italy, Brazil, India, Ireland, Slovenia, Mexico and the USA. I made stuffed green peppers and some fresh bread, since Slovene's have bread made every day. I think everyone really liked the bread, even the kids. Unfortunately Steve had to go to a class project thing, which was ridiculous, and ended up missing the whole thing. It was a lot of fun!

On Friday March 9th, my mom came down. Since I was late getting off work and Rose was running a little late after dropping off the girls, we all met at 2100 S at Sheri's, decided what we were going to do, then headed out. My mom helped me pick up our Jeep, while Rose and Pauline went and picked up food at Cafe Rio. Since it was busy there, we came back to my place and ate. We also had belly flops which we picked through and ice cream for dessert. It was fun catch up and have some good laughs.

Rose and Pauline in their matching coats after celebrating my bday

The next day I had homework, then in the afternoon we stopped by at my mom's brother's birthday party, then went down to Provo and met my friend Eve and her husband Darrell for dinner. Eve is my friend from work who is due a month before me. She found out this week she's having a girl. We went to Red Robin for dinner, then Dairy Queen for a blizzard, then went back to her place a chatted a bit. We then went back to the birthday party for a few minutes to say hi, then headed out. Since it was Daylight Saving that night I was worried about getting enough sleep in that I still had to finish up the visiting teaching report and get my Relief Society meeting agenda done. Needless to say I only got like 5 hours of sleep by the time we got home, I finished my reports, then had to get up for my PEC meeting which started at 7:30am. Thankfully after church we took a nap. We then went over to some neighbors and played games and had some snacks. I also announced on facebook that we're expecting so it was nice to finally let others know and not hide my belly :)

This past week I've been trying to get ready for our Relief Society Birthday Dinner, which is this Tuesday the 20th. We went and delivered fliers to those sisters who we didn't see on Sunday. Steve has been on Spring Break this week as well. He has gone fishing a couple times as well ;)

On Thursday we went out to dinner w/ Dave, Joann, Diane and LuDean for Joann's birthday. We went to Texas Road House. It was fun. We then went home and worked on homework. The next night we also went and hung out w/ Dave and Joann, a double date per say. Dave picked up Little Caesars Pizza which we had for dinner, then watched a movie together. We brought over our belly flops, Dave had a fun time trying all the different flavors. It was great to spend more time w/ them also.

Here we are at 16 weeks (me and baby McGrath that is) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment