This past week has been pretty eventful. Steve and I are training for a 5k run in August so we've been running a couple times a week. We're gradually working up our time of running. It's nice to have a goal that we're both working towards to help us get in shape and be healthier. The run will be the Moonlight Midnight run in Sandy, yes at midnight, but it'll be fun and cooler for Steve. ;)
On Tuesday, I went w/ my 2nd counselor to visit Emily, who had her baby on the 15th. She ended up having a c-section so is recovering from that. On Wednesday I had a meeting w/ our branch and elder's quorum presidents to go over the home and visiting teaching assignments. There are always changes since we have move ins and outs every month. Thursday we went to the Jordan River Temple to do a session. We got there just in time for the 7:20 pm session, but there was a Stake chapel meeting and they didn't direct us as we came in, so we ended up missing the 7:20 session, but luckily we only had to wait another 15 minutes or so for the next one. Another couple from our branch was there too.
Friday I took the day off so we could go to Eve's wedding. She was sealed in the Timpanogos Temple at noon. It was a beautiful sealing and was a good reminder of the covenants Steve and I made 2 ½ yrs ago on our wedding. After she was married, we stuck around for some pictures, then went home, did laundry, cleaned, and I helped Steve w/ his stats homework. We then went down to Provo for the reception. Dave and Joann were gone to Moab over the weekend so they wanted us to watch Bailey, their dog. My dad also wanted a trolling motor which was up at the cabin, so we decided to do both. After the reception we headed up Provo canyon and met Rob who had Bailey, then went the rest of the way to the cabin.
Eve and Darrell
Saturday we mainly just took it easy. We went on an ATV ride, and Steve and Rob played w/ the rocket launchers we made at our family reunion a couple years ago. After lunch we played a game of "Ticket to Ride", and then Steve and Rob helped Mike change the fire hose while I packed up. Steve getting the gas can to fill up the ATV
After we got home we went over to Carrie's to have dinner w/ her and Ryan. We then played croquet and sand volleyball til it got too dark to see where the ball was. We then went back inside and played "Ticket to Ride." We then hurried home, grabbed some things, and then went back to Dave/Joann's place to stay the night w/ Bailey. Needless to say she kept us up during the night so we were a little tired the next morning.
We woke up at 7:45 a.m. in order to get home so I could change and get ready for my PEC meeting at 9 a.m. After the main meeting I had a visiting teaching interview w/ a sister just before sacrament meeting started. After church I had my regular Relief Society Presidency meeting, and then came home for lunch. Since we didn't get much sleep the night before, Steve and took a nap. After we woke up I worked on some more RS stuff and made some monster cookies for Steve and the people we home teach.
Last Friday after work Steve met me at Gateway and we went and looked at the chalk art festival. It was really awesome! Even though most weren't finished it was still really neat to see the amazing art work; such talent!
Harry Potter! I just finished the last book, again, it's SOOOO GOOD!
So excited for the last movie to come out in a couple weeks too!
So excited for the last movie to come out in a couple weeks too!
Another guy....
After we went to the chalk art festival Steve and I went to Red Robin for dinner. We then came back and went swimming and then went to the hot tub. It was a great date night!
Saturday we went with Steve's grandma and parents and went to see a play called, "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels." It was really funny and we had a great time! Thanks for inviting us:)
Sunday was Father's Day. After church and all my meetings we came home, I made some rolls, and then went over to Melanie's place for dinner. It was fun to visit w/ everyone. Hope everyone had a good Father's Day!
Here are the flowers Steve planted for me.
Pretty flowers ;)
Have a great week! We're excited to come up and visit this weekend and to see our new nephew! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment