Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Can you believe May has come and gone already? Man it went quick! It sure was a wet month though so I'm not too sad it's over. They said for March, April and May we were about 200% over average for the amount of rain we received this Spring. Talk about a lot of rain! We even got snow, imagine that, and some over this past weekend.

This past weekend for Memorial Day we decided to go up to the cabin. Steve and Dave went up a little earlier on Friday afternoon while I rode up w/ Joann after I got off work. Zach and Rob also came up. The boys were nice enough to leave us some pizza when we got up there.

The next morning the boys decided to go out and fish. It was pretty chilly so Joann and I chose to stay in the cabin where it was warm. I worked on my lesson, and after a little bit Bailey and Joann took a little nap.

Oh we love this dog.....

She is soooo special :)

After lunch we went out w/ the boys to go shooting. Steve was really anxious to shoot his new bullets he just refilled at my uncle Stephen's. I shot a couple of the littler guns like the 22 revolver.

Me shooting the gun (ya I closed my eyes a little)

Steve's 22-250 gun

Dave making sure Steve hits the target

Dave getting an even closer look

Dave giving it a try, Zach just watching ;)

Then it got cloudy .....

That night I made spaghetti w/ bread sticks and fruit pizza for dessert. The boys then hurried out to fish one more time before it started to rain. We played a game a Ticket to Ride when they got back.

One Sunday we went early to the Fruitland branch in order to get a good seat (since it's always full on holiday weekends). After church we went back, had a light lunch, and basically played games most of the afternoon. Carrie also stopped by and played w/ us. Since it was crazy weather she also stayed the night. We played Ticket to Ride, Mormon Bridge, Phase 10 Twist, Settlers of Catan, etc. It was really fun actually. Dave was working on the turkey out in the dutch oven which we had for dinner. It was FABULOUS!!!

Yummy turkey!

It snowed Sunday and Monday....crazy huh! Monday morning I made crepes for everyone. Though there was snow on the boat Steve insisted on going out one more time. Zach needed to go home, but Dave, Steve and Rob went out again. They actually caught some too.

Steve sweeping off the snow on the boat

The snow blowing sideways

Snow


We made it home Monday evening. It was a fun relaxing trip. It was especially nice since I didn't have to worry about homework. My second counselor also had her baby on Saturday, yeah! They're planning to move in a couple months also, so we decided it would be best to release her. Though I was gone, I had them release her and then called another counselor. I'm sad to lose Tricia but at the same time excited to have Ashely. I also had 2 other supervisors called since 2 are moving out next month too. We've also been trying to get caught up on visiting the new sisters who moved in while we were gone. It's GREAT to have new people in the branch!

Steve has started his 2 classes at the U and will start 2 classes at SLCC next week. Ya, we're going to get as many classes out of SLCC as we can since the U is at least twice as expensive as SLCC. Not too excited to be paying more but don't really have a choice.

I'm starting to get a hang of my new position (climbing the power ranks) yet I know there is plenty to learn still. I got another new manager, named Dave (3rd one in a row), along w/ more new teammates who started this week. We are all pretty new actually so it's a little different in that we're all learning together.

Hope all is well. Keep us posted. Have a great week! It's supposed to be 80 Degrees tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment